Help needed in soundproofing for professional rehersal pad and recording studio

saheb11123

Hello all.

So the project and idea of opening a professional studio and jam pad has been in my drawing board for a long time, finally got some one to back me up(my uncle).

So this the beginning of the process.

This is where I'm stuck, I basically am opening this in kolkata, and pretty much don't know about soundproofing a room, most of the youtube videos i saw people were directly applying acousta foam to the wall, which i cannot do.

The place that Im talking about is on rent and I can't do things that will pose a threat to damaging the walls.

What measure is there to soundproof the rooms , three in total, without doing much/any damage to walls and ceiling, the landlord will stay in the upper floor so i need to get rid of the sound as much as possible.
False ceiling can't be erected.

What is the required materials ?
Estimated cost for three rooms of sizes 16*9, 7*10, 10*11.
Can anyone advice/help me on this?
Has anyone from kolkata done this to their room for HT setup and/or recording/jam pad?
It needs to be as cheap as possible.

Need your help.
Thanks in advance.

Soumya

From a recent thread... Maybe the company in this post might be useful to you?

Remember that acoustic treatment is entirely different from sound-proofing. If you seriously want sound proofing you probably have to build rooms within rooms.

Yes i figured that part out, that is why was asking for professional people or even if anyone that can help me with this!

Ok Saheb first of all you need to understand that there is no such thing as cheap sound proofing, if its cheap its not sound proofed mostly its absorbed (Which is not sound proofing). Sound Proofing & Sound Absorption are totally different things, while sound absorption can be achieved by installing acoustic bass traps, broadband absorbers, control columns, diffusers and so on... Sound proofing requires a floating room to be built inside a room with number of layers of different acoustic materials sandwiched in between.

You mentioned that you want to start a jam pad and im guessing this is a residential area so noise is definitely going to be an issue here, i would suggest you evaluate the business before starting it and if you think its good business go ahead and spend that extra buck for the sound proofing cause in the long run its going to be fruitful.

If you need any suggestions for people in to this i would suggest these guys cueacoustic.in . I recently got my home theater done from them and also got a great deal on the acoustic bass traps and absorbers.

I can suggest you a lot of materials for sound proofing but by the time you end up buying the materials + the labor, your cost would be as much as you would get it done professionally or maybe a little cheap but im sure it wont be much of a difference, the choice is yours.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back