Help needed on 4k receivers from USA

arnprasad

Hi..I have been using receivers for the past 15 years..first it was yamaha and now the pioneer 1020 for past 6-7 years and its working well. i have a ground floor plus first floor set up. Ground floor has the projector (Acer 5360 720p projector plus micromax 50 incher LED). Since none of the ground floor set up is 4K..I am ok to continue as is as my pioneer 1020 is serving me well. In the first floor, I plan to buy a cheap 65 inch LED (hoping Xiaomi launches its 4A 65 incher for 50-55k on march 7th). I also plan to buy a cheap HTIB without receiver to go with this TV..nothing hifi - a cheap one from US as i have few folks coming over in the next 2-3 mths. With this I looked at receivers at amazon for 4k and was surprised the first 6-7 receivers are under 300 dollar!! all with 4+ star ratings. While I will compare them in the next 2-3 days to see which one to buy - I would appreciate if any of you have done the research and would suggest which one under 300 dollars.

Pls suggest this keeping in mind that I dont intend to spend more than 75K on the 65inch TV and hence it may not have premium HDR and all that. Also the HTIB speakers I will buy will be in the 200-300 dollar mark as its difficult to ask someone to get tall boy speakers. Hence keeping in mind the mid range display and speakers..pls suggest a cheap receiver. Also my first floor setup is not a HT room..it doesnt even have walls..aluminium composite and saint gobain glass with tile roof set up...hence not spending too much as sound quality will be so-so due to large open space (plan to use only 50% of the 500 sft space for HT)

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=receiver

Not sure if you suggest a sound bar instead to keep it simple. I have read articles which suggest for a given price point HTIBs are way better than sound bars although more cumbersome to setup

Thanks in advance for all the help!!

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back