help needed on compatible remotes for Pioneer AVR

arnprasad

Hi all

I have the 12 year old Pioneer 1020K which is working great..I bought the Denon 1700 for Atmos but frankly not impressed and want to go back to the Pioneer which is lying unused. Only issue is that remote of Pioneer is not working.

Like always possible to buy it in US or Europe..but Indian options are limited. There is one model for 3000+ on Amazon which I think is not worth it.

Amazon India does have cheaper remotes .but they are compatible with other Pioneer AVR models from, the same year..but lower down the hierarchy. My 1020K seems to be on top of the hierarchy and we have 920, 820 and 520 below it. The 599 Amazon India remote is compatible with 520K and also with next years 821 and 921K

So my question is....if I buy a remote compatible with lower models of the same year or next year...while I understand that it may not have all the buttons of the higher end models...can I atleast use it to do basic actions like turning on and off....etc?

Here are all the models released that year

Here are the models listed as compatible in the cheaper Amazon remote..dont mind paying 599

below is the answer I received from the Amazon India seller
"Hello, we have checked, the remote you need is AXD7595, wehave no one for sale as so far, thanks for your attentions~"

Thanks in advance for all ur help!

Hi all

I have the 12 year old Pioneer 1020K which is working great..I bought the Denon 1700 for Atmos but frankly not impressed and want to go back to the Pioneer which is lying unused. Only issue is that remote of Pioneer is not working.

Like always possible to buy it in US or Europe..but Indian options are limited. There is one model for 3000+ on Amazon which I think is not worth it.

Amazon India does have cheaper remotes .but they are compatible with other Pioneer AVR models from, the same year..but lower down the hierarchy. My 1020K seems to be on top of the hierarchy and we have 920, 820 and 520 below it. The 599 Amazon India remote is compatible with 520K and also with next years 821 and 921K

So my question is....if I buy a remote compatible with lower models of the same year or next year...while I understand that it may not have all the buttons of the higher end models...can I atleast use it to do basic actions like turning on and off....etc?

Here are all the models released that year

Here are the models listed as compatible in the cheaper Amazon remote..dont mind paying 599

below is the answer I received from the Amazon India seller
"Hello, we have checked, the remote you need is AXD7595, wehave no one for sale as so far, thanks for your attentions~"

Thanks in advance for all ur help!
If you can get a preowned logitech Harmony remote at a reasonable price then It could work for the Pioneer. Though Logitech has stopped manufacturing Harmony remotes now and the available new ones are not worth it.

Thanks..as usual have to beg someone coming from abroad..let me also check OLX. Do these universal remotes have 100% functionality ..meaning I get everything out of them that I get from the Pioneer remote itself?

Thanks..as usual have to beg someone coming from abroad..let me also check OLX. Do these universal remotes have 100% functionality ..meaning I get everything out of them that I get from the Pioneer remote itself?
Most welcome, since your Pioneer amp is an old one, the remote could cover most if the functions. Besides it also has a learning mode from another remote but wont make sense in this case since you dont have the original remote.
You can check on the Harmony site if your model is there which in most probability would show up.

I went ahead and ordered the 599 model. Although my particular receiver is not listed as compatible, the version below my model is listed. So was sure at least the basic buttons would work and unsurprisingly it does. Tested few buttons and they all work. Need to figure out the more complex ones like setting up room correction...etc.

I am happy at least the basic functions work well.

lets hope and pray the ban on Chinese sites like Aliexpress is lifted soon. Ban makes absolutely no sense as our imports from China has been going up year on year. Why should retail buyers like us suffer?

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back