Help needed on Sound not coming out of HDMI

arnprasad

Hi all..I have an assembled PC which is connected to my Pioneer AVR to my TV and 5.1 speakers. All was working well till I decided to put an SSD for OS. So my trusted friend did some hardware changes including a new Windows 10 OS. So now I have connected my Desktop to my AVR. While the Video works great, I wasnt getting any sound. So I did a right click on sound settings..weirdly I see two SPDIF..although I have not connected any SPDIF cable. Also both these SPDIF are enabled and I can see that EQ bars like thing showing sound is coming out of it. Firstly I dont know why SPDIF is enabled. Secondly in the earlier avatar - I could see Pioneer VSX 1020 (hdmi) which I could choose and sound was ok. Why dont i see Pioneer 1020 as an option now?

(a) I did some googling - tried to update drivers (device manager) but I can only update a driver of a hardware I can see..here I dont see Pioneer receiver as an option.

Hence please help me as the video from HDMI is going fine to TV via AVR, but the AVR doesnt turn up in sound settings list. I do see one HDMI option on sound settings properties - but its disabled and i cant enable it

PC did an update while shutting down. I restarted to fix something else and now I get the receiver option and sound as well..sorry for the wrong alarm...anyway i can delete this whole post?

Back