Help needed to buy 40-42" LED TV........

The idea of turning the idiot box in to a smart one has backfired big time. Any AV enthusiast gives two hoots about smart TV features. There are hundred more comfortable ways of enjoying online videos than the cumbersome smart TV route. Manufacturers ought to offer something new and substantially superior than what we already have instead of stupid smart TV approach. The beauty of watching a TV is you lay down on your couch and enjoy. Smart TV features do one thing and that is allow the manufacturers to increase prices without doing anything about enhancing picture quality.

Last edited:
The idea of turning the idiot box in to a smart one has backfired big time. Any AV enthusiast gives two hoots about smart TV features. There are hundred more comfortable ways of enjoying online videos than the cumbersome smart TV route. Manufacturers ought to offer something new and substantially superior than what we already have instead of stupid smart TV approach. The beauty of watching a TV is you lay down on your couch and enjoy. Smart TV features do one thing and that is allow the manufacturers to increase prices without doing anything about enhancing picture quality.
+1 to this.

I agree with devilwearsprada & cooldude... Its wise to spend on a great tv without there smart features or 3D as hardly you will be using these features. May be when the tv is new or to showoff when u have some friends or relatives at ur home. But on regular day to day use...none of us would use it offen.
Be smart in spending your money on what u need rather than what these companies add as addons.

Get the sony HX850 if you want to buy a TV now. Dont worry about smart tv etc as all the mid-high end tv's come with smart features by default which you may or may not use.

Get the sony HX850 if you want to buy a TV now. Dont worry about smart tv etc as all the mid-high end tv's come with smart features by default which you may or may not use.

I confirmed with the Sony customer care this model is topped and there are not sure when the new model will be released. Also according to them release date will depend on 'market requirement' not sure what this means :yahoo::clapping:

Well, I would like to differ with this view.
The idea is convergence. One need not buy another device to stream internet content , movies etc to the TV.
I agree that gesture control etc did not work out well for samsung.

I can clearly tell the difference while playing a youtube video directly from the TV or using my premium Denon BDP 2012. My TV does a very good job.
I observed the same thing with Pana DMP BDT 220 vs HX850. The TV did an excellant job in upscaling/rescaling the youtube videos.

It always makes a difference when the TV is optimized for Internet content rather than using an external streamer. I guess this is because of any timing/sync issues with interfaces like HDMI.

The definition of a smart TV is very loose though.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back