help needed to set up my newly purchased yamaha yht 196

goutampaul

I have purchased yamaha yht196 from reliance digital in kolkata yesterday. I have airtel hdstb with one hdmi and another digital optical out port, and one philips blueray .can you suggest an ideal connection set up so that i can can connect all the appliances with my 40 hdtv which have two hdmi in and one hdmi out and another digital optical out port in order to get real 5.1 surround sound effect.

Hi goutampaul,

You would need to read the operational manual carefully to ensure that you do everything right....patience is a virtue!

in a nutshell.....connect the Philips Blu ray player using HDMI cables to the AVR. The you connect the Airtel hdstb using optical out into the optical port which should be available on the AVR.

Next you will use one HDMI cable to send video signals out from the AVR to the HDMI 1 of the TV.

Next step you will use another HDMI cable to send video and audio OUT from the Airtel hdstb to HDMI 2 of the TV.

This should ideally work. This means you need to use your AVR system when watching blu ray movies or dvd movies...

when using the Airtel hdstb..you have the option to use it with the TV directly or even amplifier the same through the AVR.....definitely you will get the surround effect...

Hope this helps...

Can you please suggest me about the sound setting of yamaha avr and also BR player so that i can get real 5.1 surround sound

Hi

Assuming that you are connecting the blu ray player through a HDMI cable, you need to see the initial setup screen and adjust the blu ray player to default optimal settings (refer to the owners manual).

Depending on the content used in the player (Original DVDs or Blu Ray discs) the Yahama AVR will automatically display the Dolby logo or DTS or Dolby 5.1 on the screen....if you are using pirated content...basically movies downloaded from the internet...the DTS or Dolby logo may not show on screen as most of such files are recorded with L + R stereo effects....this means then you need to use the onboard converters and use one of the available modes (manually) to enjoy in 5.1 experience... (Neo Cinema / Neo Music / Dolby PII Movies / Dolby PII Music) You need to read the Operation Manual carefully to ensure that all connections are properly done and settings are adjusted optimally

Hope this helps

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back