Help needed

sanbabu

Hi Every one.

I am new to the forum. I don't have much knowledge on home theater setup. Can somebody give brief idea on how to connect the different cables between different equipments. Please share some digrams if you have any.

I am planning to have these for the setup

1) HD projector
2) Tata Sky HD
3) Onkyo HT-S3400 AVR

Please let me know your suggestions and advice on the setup. Please let me know if I am missiing any thing.

Thanks in Advance
Sanbabu

Connection between the various devices is quite easy. It is not rocket science. You will need two HDMI cables and one co-axial or optical cable (for decoding sound from the DTH box).

Connect HDMI out of TataSky HD to any one of the HDMI input of Onkyo 3400

Connect coaxial or optical output of Tatasky HD to coaxial or optical input of Onkyo 3400

Connect HDMI out of onkyo to the hdmi in of the projector.

You will also need to assign the coaxial or optical input of the receiver to the corresponding HDMI.

Connection between the various devices is quite easy. It is not rocket science. You will need two HDMI cables and one co-axial or optical cable (for decoding sound from the DTH box).

Connect coaxial or optical output of Tatasky HD to coaxial or optical input of Onkyo 3400

You will also need to assign the coaxial or optical input of the receiver to the corresponding HDMI.

HDMI carries audio/video eliminating the need for optical cable. You just need to run HDMI from your tata sky box to the onkyo receiver, and then another HDMI from the receiver to your video display.

Thanks for the Reply baijuxavio

Does that mean that I don't need to connect any cables from the tata sky box to my projector directly??

HDMI carries audio/video eliminating the need for optical cable. You just need to run HDMI from your tata sky box to the onkyo receiver, and then another HDMI from the receiver to your video display.

Thank You Akash.

My Plan is some thing like this.

Connect one end of HDMI to TATA sky Box and other end to AVR.

Connect one end of HDMI cable to AVR and other end to Projector.

I hope I don't need to connect Tata Sky box to Projector directly.

Please clarify

HDMI can carry audio and video. But unfortunately tatasky hd (and for that matter none of the hd dth boxes) does not carry surround sound through hdmi. For this you will need optical/coaxial cable.

Thanks for the Reply baijuxavio

Does that mean that I don't need to connect any cables from the tata sky box to my projector directly??

You don't need to connect the dth to the projector directly.

HDMI can carry audio and video. But unfortunately tatasky hd (and for that matter none of the hd dth boxes) does not carry surround sound through hdmi. For this you will need optical/coaxial cable.

You don't need to connect the dth to the projector directly.

One last question baijuxavior...

If I want to Connect to the HDTV instead of Projector, Do I have to unplug the HDMI that connects the projector and connect it to HDTV. It seems there is only one HDMI out in Onkyo AVR
Please clarify

Thank You Akash.

My Plan is some thing like this.

Connect one end of HDMI to TATA sky Box and other end to AVR.

Connect one end of HDMI cable to AVR and other end to Projector.

I hope I don't need to connect Tata Sky box to Projector directly.

Please clarify

you got it!!! you will only need 2 HDMI cables. You will see many guys running an additional optical cable from the STB to the receiver. If your STB supports audio over HDMI, which I'm sure it does then only a single HDMI cable is required. Please revert should you have any more queries. Also, congrats you made the right choice going for Tata Sky HD as it supports 5.1 audio, so all HD channels will output 5.1 surround sound!!!

One last question baijuxavior...

If I want to Connect to the HDTV instead of Projector, Do I have to unplug the HDMI that connects the projector and connect it to HDTV. It seems there is only one HDMI out in Onkyo AVR
Please clarify

Yes. You will need to unplug the projector and connect the hdtv. Most avrs have only one hdmi output. However you can use an hdmi splitter or switch to output to hdtv and projector.

Digitalbay| HDMI| HD Media player| HDMI Splitter| Digtal Bay

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back