Help needed!!!!

aneelr

Hi Friends,

I've a small issue and need some help please

I'm playing a bluray rip content which has DTS TrueHD audio, from my HDD(USB)->WD(HDMI 1.3)->Denon 2310(HDMI 1.3)->HDTV. But there is absolutely no sound coming to my speakers.......:sad: (the above content is a Bluray Demo Disc).....

But if I play a bluray rip movie with DTS 5.1........ absolutely perfect sound O/P.

So, is there a way to enable anything in my receiver to O/P DTS True HD audio..... or what may be the fault??????

Thanks!!!

Hi Friends,

I've a small issue and need some help please

I'm playing a bluray rip content which has DTS TrueHD audio, from my HDD(USB)->WD(HDMI 1.3)->Denon 2310(HDMI 1.3)->HDTV. But there is absolutely no sound coming to my speakers.......:sad: (the above content is a Bluray Demo Disc).....

But if I play a bluray rip movie with DTS 5.1........ absolutely perfect sound O/P.

So, is there a way to enable anything in my receiver to O/P DTS True HD audio..... or what may be the fault??????

Thanks!!!
As far as I know WD TV doesn't allow HD audio passthrough to a compatable reciever.

As far as I know WD TV doesn't allow HD audio passthrough to a compatable reciever.

Hi,

Thanks dude:).......i thought it's a problem with my AVR......anybody can conform the same.

Any idea how I can get it working(i.e DTS True HD audio content to be played from my HDD onto my HDTV through my receiver. )

cheers

Last edited:
Hi,

Thanks dude:).......i thought it's a problem with my AVR......anybody can conform the same.

Any idea how I can get it working(i.e DTS True HD audio content to be played from my HDD onto my HDTV through my receiver. )

cheers

no way with your WD TV, you need to buy Xtreamer or Upgrade to WDTV Live or other media player which can do a DTS-HD passthrough

Have you connected an optical audio cable from your WD to your AVR?

Ofcourse he would have bcos he says DTS plays without a problem and thats possible only if he connected WDTV using Optical.

Even if optical is connect, it wont play HD audio, bcos optical has bandwidth to carry DTS and Dobly but not for Dolby TrueHD or DTS-HD. Its a compatible HDMI 1.3 cable and passthrough capable player

Last edited:
no way with your WD TV, you need to buy Xtreamer or Upgrade to WDTV Live or other media player which can do a DTS-HD passthrough

Nandri Thalaiva,

can you let me know the cost of the Xtreamer/WDTV Live.....is it available for pruchase in India.

thanks.

If you really want HD Audio from your HDD based contents then go for Xtreamer as I did few weeks back and am really happy with my decision.
If you want to buy Xtreamer in India then get in touch with Xtreamer India
and if you want to check out its specs and all about it then visit its native site at Xtreamer Home

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back