Help Regarding Sony MHC-GN1100D

DarkSideOfWhite

Hello,
I had brought Sony Hi Fi Music System in last year, which can play all format of audio and video file.Every thing is fine upto this.

Disadvantage with this is that it does not support usb drive.How can i over come with this problem.I need a usb drive with this system from where i can directly play any file.

My sony system is this :-

MHC-GN1100D/Bundle : Mini Hi-Fi System : Hi-Fi System : Sony India

Now i am planing to buy a philips Dvd player which i can attach to my sony hifi system.

so tell me is it any way, to attach usb drive to my sony system.

so tell me is it any way, to attach usb drive to my sony system.

You can connect a USB system to the Sony through a cable converter as show in this link.

eBay India ?? Want It Now ?? USB to RCA Adapter - - Mobile, Camera, Laptop,cell phones, Jewellery, Indian Products

But remember, this is a simple USB to RCA converter. You will not be able to control the USB device from your Sony system. You need an external controlling device such as a computer or a laptop. This will not work with pen drives or external hard disks that do not have any playing capability of their own.

Alternatively, if you hard disk is already connected to a computer, just get a simple sound card with RCA out jacks, and use a RCA cable to connect it to the Sony.

Cheers

Ok ur suggestion is good but some difficulties still not over.

Question 1:I want to play a video file and also audio file in my sony.If i took input from pc to sony then how can i view video in my sony.

Question 2: If i use a converter then i can not have control over the pen drive or harddisk.

so suggest me....

thanks

Ok ur suggestion is good but some difficulties still not over.

Difficulties? Cheer up man. In electronics there is always simple solution unless you are trying to put a square bolt in a rectangular nut. :)

Question 1:I want to play a video file and also audio file in my sony.If i took input from pc to sony then how can i view video in my sony.

The cable I gave a link to has three RCA cables on the other side. I am not sure whether they are composite or component. But either way you can use that to watch video, and listen to audio.

Question 2: If i use a converter then i can not have control over the pen drive or harddisk.

This is a cable converter. It just converts a USB connection to RCAs. As I said before you cannot control any device with it as the data moves only one way. You have to use a PC, a laptop, or a hard disk that has a player built in. You cannot do anything with a pen drive. If you are buying an external player (say a DVD Player) make sure that has a USB port built in.

Cheers

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back