Help required - Building 2nd HT (Budget 1.5L)

almightyrohit

Hi everyone,

Though I had a nice HT which I bought with the help of a friend, I am in the process of building a new one.
Existing Config:
Jamo 426 HCS3, Jamo Sub 210, Onkyo TX-SR313
(Was a happy customer but then had to move back to India and couldn't carry it with me.)

So here is the issue:
Budget: 1 to 1.5 Lakhs
TV: LG 55EC930T (OLED :) )
Purpose: Movies (50%), Gaming (30%), Music (20%)
Room size: 30 ft X 20 ft

As I found out by reading dozens of threads, for my requirement, Sub needs to be priority 1 and AVR should be priority 2. Hence have finalised the following:

Sub: Velodyne Impact 12
AVR: Denon AVR-X1100W

It will be great if I can get a help in shortlisting speakers. Have heard from a friend that Tannoy is supposed to be good. Ideally I would like a 5.1 system with floor standing speakers (looks good :p).

Also, if someone can please let me know the best shops in Bangalore to audition and where I can get a good deal too.

Thanks,
Rohit

Last edited:
Also, is Jamo 626 HCS3 any good? It is available for 68K in Reliance.
Are there any better options for a 5.0 set within that range?
I'd suggest you scrap the idea of the jamo 626 hcs3 and if you wanna go full on theater experience and if you like the jamo sound.. then you can get the jamo d500 thx select 2 system..
Hi everyone,

Though I had a nice HT which I bought with the help of a friend, I am in the process of building a new one.
Existing Config:
Jamo 426 HCS3, Jamo Sub 210, Onkyo TX-SR313
(Was a happy customer but then had to move back to India and couldn't carry it with me.)

So here is the issue:
Budget: 1 to 1.5 Lakhs
TV: LG 55EC930T (OLED :) )
Purpose: Movies (50%), Gaming (30%), Music (20%)
Room size: 30 ft X 20 ft

As I found out by reading dozens of threads, for my requirement, Sub needs to be priority 1 and AVR should be priority 2. Hence have finalised the following:

Sub: Velodyne Impact 12
AVR: Denon AVR-X1100W

It will be great if I can get a help in shortlisting speakers. Have heard from a friend that Tannoy is supposed to be good. Ideally I would like a 5.1 system with floor standing speakers (looks good [emoji14]).

Also, if someone can please let me know the best shops in Bangalore to audition and where I can get a good deal too.

Thanks,
Rohit
There's the monitor audio silver 6av12 system that'll blow you away with the sound.. but i don't know if there's a dealer in india... but it seems to fit your budget without the sub included..

I'd suggest you scrap the idea of the jamo 626 hcs3 and if you wanna go full on theater experience and if you like the jamo sound.. then you can get the jamo d500 thx select 2 system..

There's the monitor audio silver 6av12 system that'll blow you away with the sound.. but i don't know if there's a dealer in india... but it seems to fit your budget without the sub included..

Thanks. May be I like Jamo sound because I haven't heard anything else. A lot of people in this forum are recommending Polk/Klipsch/Monitor Audio/KAF etc. It makes sense for me to try them out.

About my budget:
Total: 1.5L
Velodyne Impact 12: ~35K
Denon AVR-X1100W: ~40K
Therefore, budget left is 60K (assuming 10K for installation etc.) for a centre speaker, 2 front speakers and 2 rear speakers.

Any pointers will be hugely appreciated.

Actually in a home theater the center speaker is the most important.

Thanks. May be I like Jamo sound because I haven't heard anything else.

I like the Jamo sound myself... especially the C series. Even planned on the C607 previously, but I've settled on the MA RX series and I'd highly recommend it too. Excellent for both movies and music, though I do find the floorstanders are an overkill for movies.

If music is not a priority then I'd highly recommend a satellite speaker setup, it works very well for both movies and gaming.

However, I'd recommend you read up and check up on Dolby Atmos, its a variation on the traditional 5.1 with 2 additional overhead speakers (can be 2 speakers installed in the ceiling or 2 front speakers that are also top firing). This is a more immersive experience with sound also coming from the top instead of the traditional 5.1 setup and the few movies I've seen (John Wick, Godzilla) have been a revelation with sound actually coming from overhead and not in the front. Especially makes sense for choppers, Godzilla roar, sniper shooting from a vantage point, etc. Its a new high in home theaters and one that I'm completely sold on, especially after John Wick. I do highly recommend you check it out.

Also for 4K do read up on HDMI 2.0 and especially HDCP 2.2. From what I've seen only Onkyo is offering HDCP 2.2 support and that's going to be a must for 4K playback in the future.

Actually in a home theater the center speaker is the most important.

I like the Jamo sound myself... especially the C series. Even planned on the C607 previously, but I've settled on the MA RX series and I'd highly recommend it too. Excellent for both movies and music, though I do find the floorstanders are an overkill for movies.

If music is not a priority then I'd highly recommend a satellite speaker setup, it works very well for both movies and gaming.

However, I'd recommend you read up and check up on Dolby Atmos, its a variation on the traditional 5.1 with 2 additional overhead speakers (can be 2 speakers installed in the ceiling or 2 front speakers that are also top firing). This is a more immersive experience with sound also coming from the top instead of the traditional 5.1 setup and the few movies I've seen (John Wick, Godzilla) have been a revelation with sound actually coming from overhead and not in the front. Especially makes sense for choppers, Godzilla roar, sniper shooting from a vantage point, etc. Its a new high in home theaters and one that I'm completely sold on, especially after John Wick. I do highly recommend you check it out.

Also for 4K do read up on HDMI 2.0 and especially HDCP 2.2. From what I've seen only Onkyo is offering HDCP 2.2 support and that's going to be a must for 4K playback in the future.

Thanks. Agree with you on the fact that Centre speakers are most important. The TV which I have bought is a 1080p OLED TV not a 4K one. 4K OLED's are way too expensive right now and due to lack of any good 4K content I am sure the TV is going to last for a couple of years.

Thanks. May be I like Jamo sound because I haven't heard anything else. A lot of people in this forum are recommending Polk/Klipsch/Monitor Audio/KAF etc. It makes sense for me to try them out.

About my budget:
Total: 1.5L
Velodyne Impact 12: ~35K
Denon AVR-X1100W: ~40K
Therefore, budget left is 60K (assuming 10K for installation etc.) for a centre speaker, 2 front speakers and 2 rear speakers.

Any pointers will be hugely appreciated.
I suggest you to go and audition other speaker brands and makes before you plunge into buying and you could really save money on installation by installing yourself bro.. i mean it's pretty easy once you've setup your ownself.. plus it'll be easier for you to change speakers in the future.. and that sub isn't much of a sub man.. too boomy.. check out lots of other subs.. if you really wanna save money then i'd suggest you buy used to get the most out of your system.. that denon avr is ok.. but always buy the best you can afford first if not you might be losing more money then you've eventually spent by upgrading in the future.. trust me the itch is always there to get better gear... try researching more and do alot of searching before buying...

I suggest you to go and audition other speaker brands and makes before you plunge into buying and you could really save money on installation by installing yourself bro.. i mean it's pretty easy once you've setup your ownself.. plus it'll be easier for you to change speakers in the future.. and that sub isn't much of a sub man.. too boomy.. check out lots of other subs.. if you really wanna save money then i'd suggest you buy used to get the most out of your system.. that denon avr is ok.. but always buy the best you can afford first if not you might be losing more money then you've eventually spent by upgrading in the future.. trust me the itch is always there to get better gear... try researching more and do alot of searching before buying...

Thanks bro. Went to Pro FX today and auditioned Polk RTI A5 + CSI A6 + FXI A4 with DSW PRO 660 Sub (5.1). It was the best thing I have ever listened to :)
Most probably I am going to finalise this unless someone tells me otherwise. The whole package is going to cost me in the range of 1.65L (MRP 1.78L) which I am looking to negotiate down to 1.5L.

@Installation: I was talking about wires etc. which is going to cost me in the range of 5K

I'm glad you've narrowed it to Polk... I can vouch for the Polk Rti setup...

I have RTi A9s with Csi A6 , 2 pairs of FxiA6 And a DSW pro 600. To this 7.1 HT , I have a Yamaha v3900 powering up this setup,... And I. Here to tell you my friend... The soundstage is nothing less than a PVR ...

You see Yamaha AVRs are naturally talented with doubling your room size as soon as its switched on..

The bombing scenes from behind enemy lines happen as if just next to you... the thump of Hulk feel so soooo deep... And DSW gives a mean tight punch.

Of course this setup requires the right placement and tweak to the already awesome Yamaha YPAO setup which is miles ahead of Audessy (marantz& Denon) and pioneer or Denon .

I own a Marantz and Pioneer LX 87 and I don't use them in my main HT room.

I'm posting my setup pics here.... Hope it helps...

Polk RTI is really awesome... Remember ... They are hungry speakers and they need real power to fully open up...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 59
I'm glad you've narrowed it to Polk... I can vouch for the Polk Rti setup...

I have RTi A9s with Csi A6 , 2 pairs of FxiA6 And a DSW pro 600. To this 7.1 HT , I have a Yamaha v3900 powering up this setup,... And I. Here to tell you my friend... The soundstage is nothing less than a PVR ...

You see Yamaha AVRs are naturally talented with doubling your room size as soon as its switched on..

The bombing scenes from behind enemy lines happen as if just next to you... the thump of Hulk feel so soooo deep... And DSW gives a mean tight punch.

Of course this setup requires the right placement and tweak to the already awesome Yamaha YPAO setup which is miles ahead of Audessy (marantz& Denon) and pioneer or Denon .

I own a Marantz and Pioneer LX 87 and I don't use them in my main HT room.

I'm posting my setup pics here.... Hope it helps...

Polk RTI is really awesome... Remember ... They are hungry speakers and they need real power to fully open up...

Hey Dhvani. A quick question as I am getting everything delivered tomorrow. I have chosen Denon AVR-X1100. Will it be enough to run the setup? Or is Yamaha way better than Denon? What's the price difference if you have any idea about that?

Also, after auditioning I have changed the Sub to SVS PB-1000. That's even better than the DSW :clapping:

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back