HELP!Squeezebox Locked.

ajay124

While fiddling around trying to connect the Squeezebox Boom to the SB Server on my iMac I happened to change the 'setup lock code' from the default 0000 to 1000.Now when I power on the BOOM I am asked to enter 'setup lock code' with 4 asteriks showing.But the numbers 0,1,2,3 etc. to choose the code are not showing.Pressing on the center wheel merely moves the highlighter over the 4 asteriks and finally you get the message 'incorrect setup lock code.'

Step by step what's happening is
1 power on -waking up server....
2 connecting....
3 ....cant connect to server
4 ....press left to go back press right to try again
5 on going back--enter lock code but no option of choosing numbers
6 on pressing center knob 4 times -incorrect setup lock code.
No other function is coming on.

Logitech has a helpdesk, why not check? Many of these devices also have a factory default setting. Also the Squeezebox Forum is the right place to search for some of these answers.

My wife sent a mail to the Logitech helpline.Got prompt reply last night on how to reset the unit.
Remove Power Cord.Put it back.POWER ON while pressing the add (+) button....and Viola! RESET TO FACTORY SETTINGS.
The Squeezebox stopped requesting 'Setup lock code' as the lock code was automatically reset to the default 0000.Lesson learnt.NEVER fiddle with the Lock Code again!
Had to enter my WEP key and reconnect to my IP address but the SB is booming again!
Still not able to access iTunes playlist on the iMac.Have downloaded SB Server on the iMac.My playlists are showing on the downloaded server on the iMac.Both the iMac and the SB are identifying each other but not connecting.
Tried both the options--Auto read IP address/Static IP adress without success.
Earlier the SB had connected easily to my Windows based Laptop.
Thanks for the replies.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back