Help !! Unable to connect

zoozoo

One of my cousins who returned from Europe brought Behringer Graphic Equalizer Behringer ULTRAGRAPH PRO FBQ1502 Stereo GrafikEqualizer for me.
Please check the Amazon link, I have provided here. Now I have a Marantz PM 15S2 stereo amplifier Marantz Europe to which I should connect this equalizer. Can someone please help in telling me how I should connect these together ? What kind of cables do I need to connect ? Are the cables available in India or do I need to order from abroad ? Pls. refer to the rear of both the products. Thanks in advance

The Behringer has balanced output. Your Marantz amp takes RCA inputs.
For this you need to get a female XLR to male (pair) RCA cable.

19%2012%2020111324297664xlrf-rcast.jpg

Thanks Nikhil. Can I please know what is meant by a balance output ?
And from where can I get the connector suggested by you ? I searched flipkart, amazon & eBay but am unable to locate the connector. Any suggestions. Thanks.

Link: Balanced audio - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Simply it is a topology with three poles - plus, minus and shield. The way you can make out balanced connection is the three pin connector on the back of your Behringer. It is usually offered on Pro gear as well as higher end audio equipment.

You can get these cables from an MX dealer in Mumbai who stocks all these options. You may find a cable with male XLR connectors on one end - just ask for a male/female adaptor and you should be good.

Thanks a ton Nikhil. I checked with mdr electronics ( MX) at Andheri and they have those cables in stock

Glad you could find something locally.
Prices for cables should be not more than Rs 200 - 300 max

Please tell me how do i connect it. In my view the connections should be like

My blueray player (source)--->Behringer EQ--->Marantz amplifier

is the connectin fine ?
Now this is a 2 channel equalizer. To connect my source to the equalizer I will get the XLR to RCA cable. The RCA cable end will connect to the OUT of source and the XLR end to IN of equalizer. Should I connect the XLR end to channel 1 or channel 2 of the equalizer ? if i connect to either channel 1 or channel 2 then I can make settings of the slider switches on the front of the equalizer for only that particular channel. how will I operate the other channel.
Similarly the XLR OUT from the equalizer will connect to RCA IN of amplifier. So this XLR OUT should be taken out from channel 1 or channel 2 of equalizer ?
Please help as I'm getting totally confused:sad:

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back