Help with Sony MHC VX3 and Panasonic SC AK 27

bikerharis

Hello friends,
My name is Harish, I am from Trivandrum, Kerala. I am new here. I recently acquired an old Sony MHC VX3 mini Hifi, I also have a Panasonic SC AK 27 audio CD player. Both of them having the same issue. Which is, problems with the buttons on the front panel. Whenever I press a button, it just triggers the function of a button nearby. Both systems have got the same issue. It's worse with the Sony system as I don't have the remote control of it. Does anyone know why this happens? Opening the system and cleaning the button contact pads would work?

Hello friends,
My name is Harish, I am from Trivandrum, Kerala. I am new here. I recently acquired an old Sony MHC VX3 mini Hifi, I also have a Panasonic SC AK 27 audio CD player. Both of them having the same issue. Which is, problems with the buttons on the front panel. Whenever I press a button, it just triggers the function of a button nearby. Both systems have got the same issue. It's worse with the Sony system as I don't have the remote control of it. Does anyone know why this happens? Opening the system and cleaning the button contact pads would work?

It’s a common issue with old mini hifi systems. Get the entire button panel changed. Local electronics repairman should be able to do it.

For the CD player it might be trickier from cost perspective.

It’s a common issue with old mini hifi systems. Get the entire button panel changed. Local electronics repairman should be able to do it.

For the CD player it might be trickier from cost perspective.
I wonder if I'd be able to find button panels for old systems.

Take it to Sony service center, they will help you in this regards. Atleast they will rectify the de-soldiering of buttons and may functions normally...

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back