Help with SVS SB1000 in 20x10 living room.

I did check to see if it was out of phase but red is going to red itself.
Okay.
Unfortunately; I do not have any further advice to provide. Seems like you've done everything recommended by various folks here and the room is playing spoil sport of some kind. Equipment fault can be ruled out.

You should leave the main speaker setting as large. Spend some time listening without the sub woofer enabled and see what it brings to the sound. Move the front main speakers around. It may take a few sessions to find their sweet spot. Depending on what is happening in that room, it could well be frequencies canceling each other due to placement, reflection, etc.

You should data check mcacc for sub woofer and main speaker distance.

I have a dirty idea, to place them on top of the TV unit to see if this brings out the bass from them again.
This is actually worth giving a shot, IMO.
From what you say, them being closer to the front wall reinforced the bass, and your idea just might work.
Try it out.

Last edited:
Also, what was your earlier room like? Sealed/closed rectangle?
If so, then it could be the openness of this room that could be real culprit.
If within budget and doable, could try a solid room divider to make this current room a sealed rectangle or even a sliding door on that passage way...

So.....I did this.. and now the towers sound thier size again! The bass is back!

Now to see if I can live with this awkward looking setup. How bad do you guys think this looks? (Be honest):)

Attachments

• IMG-20211120-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20211120-WA0000.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 45
So.....I did this.. and now the towers sound thier size again! The bass is back!

Now to see if I can live with this awkward looking setup. How bad do you guys think this looks? (Be honest):)

As long as you are happy :)
But check if you are missing out on high frequencies at MLP as tweeters will be very high now.

Looks neat enough...main thing is you are getting the required performance! Most friends into friends i have known have placed their speakers similarly!

Looks neat enough...main thing is you are getting the required performance! Most friends into friends i have known have placed their speakers similarly!
True, performance > Astethics, right?
Good to know that you have seen this kind of placement before.. i felt it kinda cringe worthy if I'm being honest. But you gotta do what you gotta do to make things work! Thanks for your reply!

Looks very neat, IMO.
In fact, you are in good company. One industry legend has not only mounted his own speakers this way, he has even inverted them to bring the tweeters to ear level :D

Looks very neat, IMO.
In fact, you are in good company. One industry legend has not only mounted his own speakers this way, he has even inverted them to bring the tweeters to ear level :D
Thanks for sharing, buddy! I feel a lot less foolish now :D
Sadly, my Polks have non removable feet else I would have looked to invert mine too. Thanks again :)

True, performance > Astethics, right?
Good to know that you have seen this kind of placement before.. i felt it kinda cringe worthy if I'm being honest. But you gotta do what you gotta do to make things work! Thanks for your reply!
welcome! enjoy!

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back