HELP :- Yamaha AVR shows Decoder Off while playing it throught BD with HDMI.

hunnymonu

Greetings

Dear friends

I got a problem while playing any Audio/Video file on my Yamaha YHT 196. Today i got Samsung BD H6500 Bluray player.But when i play any file with it AVR starts to show decoder off at high Volume.

Yamaha AVR turn off or shows DECODER OFF when i increase the volume of AVR .It happens especially when i raise the volume from+1dB.

I have tried to change the output Sound settings of BD player like Bit stream to PCM or PCM to bitstream.

But nothing works.

It is to be mention AVR works fine when i play it with Digital OPtical cable.I can increase the volumne upto MAX but decoder does not turn off.

Please correct me in case i am making any mistake.
Please let me know what could be probable solution.
Please help me.

Thanks in Anticipation.

Last edited:
Greetings

Dear friends

I got a problem while playing any Audio/Video file on my Yamaha YHT 196. Today i got Samsung BD H6500 Bluray player.But when i play any file with it AVR starts to show decoder off at high Volume.

Yamaha AVR turn off or shows DECODER OFF when i increase the volume of AVR .It happens especially when i raise the volume from+1dB.

I have tried to change the output Sound settings of BD player like Bit stream to PCM or PCM to bitstream.

But nothing works.

It is to be mention AVR works fine when i play it with Digital OPtical cable.I can increase the volumne upto MAX but decoder does not turn off.

Please correct me in case i am making any mistake.
Please help me.

Thanks in Anticipation.
Strange....I doesn't happen with me..Does the output also suffers.. I mean does it output 2 channel when it shows decoder off

NO.

I think problem arises especially when i select 5 Ch Enhanced Mode .

I don't think it would occur with 2 Ch.

The problem does not occur with optical cable probably because it just supports 2 CH.

Played sound in 5 ch Enhancer / stereo with optical input Problem does not occur .

It occurs only with HDMI when I increase the volume.

Why ?

Pl help

Is the AVR overheating or something bro? I would suggest removing the center, surrounds and subwoofer, and connecting them one by one and testing.Do each connection ONLY after properly turning off the AVR from the mains though.

So, try with the fronts alone connected, then sub, center, then one rear and then the other.

`Good luck..

Thanks for your reply.

I just checked problem does not occur when I bypass two surrounding speakers (surround left and surround right ) and subwoofer. I have to disconnect
both surrounding speakers plus subwoofer.
Otherwise sound goes for few sec and come back. Keep on happening.

Problem does not occur when I switch to 2 CH mode.
The problem does not occur when I use 5 Ch with digital optical input.

Thanks for your kind concern.

I think AVR does not heats up.
When I switch it on it immediately Starr behaving like that.

Yesterday I notice this problem when I connect my newly purchased BD player with it.
I bought it this system 10 days ago.

Problem has been fixed by fixing Input Power to the main unit.

Thanks friends for your assistance .:yahoo:

hello i am also having a yamaha avr but in watching several tv series dialogue delivery sound is very less like hissing but when playing on vlc in laptop it sounds fine is anyway to improve the sound or is there any problem in decoding

Try changing the HDMI source in your BD player setting as RAW instead of PCM or LPCM. Unless you give a RAW source to the AVR how will it decode? If the problem persists, get the help from Yamaha.

Hi mohitjain1112

TV channels have different output levels and some of them are HD or Stereo or even mono so you will not always get a decent output.

If the Set Top Box (if one exists) is HD and has true 5.1 channel output, you will get some level of enhanced audio....only for some channels.....thats the difference.

Output from the laptop is through HDMI or headphones out so there is some level of pre amp applied to make it punchy and clear.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back