Hepl Needed !!! pioneer DV400 skipping!!!

Only_me

Hi,

My Pioneer dv400 started skipping disc's and sometimes doesnt recognize the Disc at all and I am expecting that the problem is due to a bad lens. Please let me know what might be the problem and where to get it serviced in Chennai (Get the lens / damaged part replaced with the original spare)

Thanks in Advance.

First try the basic process of cleaning the lens yourself.
Get a Philips DVD lens cleaning disc which is available off the shelf at prominent stores like Hypercity, Croma, Ezone, Reliance etc.
Or best try to borrow from a friend!;)

Re: Help Needed !!! pioneer DV400 skipping!!!

Hi Reju,

Thank you very much for the prompt reply. I have tried the basic procedures like you mentioned - cleaned the lens with the cleaner (Philips dry brush - this should be fine right? or any other cleaner? ) several times. I have extensively used my player (10 movies - all languages:eek:hyeah: / week for almost one year ). please let me know is there any other work around for determining what the problem is? or to be more specific to determine is it the lens problem or something else.

Thanks for your help

In that case you need to get it serviced.
You should have 1 year warranty, if it's an official purchase?

Otherwise even any good local technicians/ service centers should be able to have it checked and change the lens assembly for you, if required. Normally this is the problem.

Some Chennai members should be able to guide you in this regard.

Thank you Reju.. Unfortunately it crossed its one year mark.. so Out of warranty:sad:.. So I think I should get it serviced. Can I get the lens assembly replaced with anyother spare (not exactly pioneer) or should I go for pioneer? Do you have any estimate how much it would cost me?

Thanks

You need to change Pioneer lens assembly only. They are easily available, at least in Mumbai. It should cost you about Rs. 800 - 1000 including service/ replacement charges.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back