Here's a chance to sample "Tube Sound"

I had reached out to @Analogous to know if I can buy one such fatman tube amp and he recommended I speak to you and it was also mentioned I shd post in this thread by yourself. It was in conflict with the eligibility mentioned in the first post - yes I did notice that and ended up posting this response. If there is a cause for selling the fatman tube, i would be interested.
This thread was for amp tour only but surprisingly, the response has been rather tepid. Given the situation, your post has given me some food for thought.

As for sampling the amp, as mentioned in the post:
Secondly, the amp, Fatman is in Chennai at FM @linuxguru. Someone who's eligible and whom you know can pick it from him.
If you know some FM, he can take it on your behalf and pass it on thereafter.

If the fatman is making its way to bangalore, I would be curious to listen to the tube sound!
Can you please put me on to the list, please?

@captrajesh Lot of us were interested in trying out the Fatman, infact that is what I was looking to trial out but unfortunately as it went bad and Kannan could help out it went to Bangalore. If it makes its way back would love to try it out against the Cayin A50T.

If the fatman is making its way to bangalore, I would be curious to listen to the tube sound!
Can you please put me on to the list, please?
@captrajesh Lot of us were interested in trying out the Fatman, infact that is what I was looking to trial out but unfortunately as it went bad and Kannan could help out it went to Bangalore. If it makes its way back would love to try it out against the Cayin A50T.
Alright. Since no-one in Chennai seem to be interested in auditioning the amp, it sure can go back to Bangalore. Since original packing is not available and it being a delicate equipment, if any Bangalore FM could pick it from Chennai, he may please take it up.

Alright. Since no-one in Chennai seem to be interested in auditioning the amp, it sure can go back to Bangalore. Since original packing is not available and it being a delicate equipment, if any Bangalore FM could pick it from Chennai, he may please take it up.
Waiting for it to get to Hyd. :)

Great. if it comes back to Blr, I would want to try the Fatman. Last time it gave me a real fright when I had tested it :)

I might be at chennai on 19th and 20th! (Provided the restrictions at that time). It's.a planned visit, the schedule is really tight.. will check how and if I can accomodate!
Shouldn't be a problem for me to carry, if things go well!

@Thirumalkumaran I can pick up from Siva @linuxguru and Dunzo to you if you cannot find time to pick it up from me as I have also given my Fatman to him for upgrading as his impressions from the upgrades have been positive.

The amp is idling in Chennai and quite a few FMs in Bangalore and Hyderabad have shown interest in trying it out

@Thirumalkumaran I can pick up from Siva @linuxguru and Dunzo to you if you cannot find time to pick it up from me as I have also given my Fatman to him for upgrading as his impressions from the upgrades have been positive.

The amp is idling in Chennai and quite a few FMs in Bangalore and Hyderabad have shown interest in trying it out
I suggest that we better pick it up personally as the equipment is fragile. Don't know how will Dunzo guys will handle it. Moreover, the original packing is also not available. Also, I suggest to leave the tubes as it is without plucking from the sockets so as to maintain the bias settings as it is.

I suggest that we better pick it up personally as the equipment is fragile. Don't know how will Dunzo guys will handle it. Moreover, the original packing is also not available. Also, I suggest to leave the tubes as it is without plucking from the sockets so as to maintain the bias settings as it is.
yes...we are coordinating for hand exchange

If any of these amps reached Bangalore and still doing the rotation, I would also be interested to sample the tube sound.

Thank you..

The Fatman amplifier is with me in Chennai now. Any member going to Bangeluru can carry it or any Bengaluru member coming to Chennai can take it on return

I have not read carefully yet, all of this thread. The Hybrid amplifier gets most of it's gain from an inexpensive audio chip !! It DOES have a tube like sound. It sounds quite decent for what it is. Look at the size of the Power Transformer !!

My good audio friend ( for the last 43 years) and I must have seven or so of these units ion hand. Have fun !!

Jeff

Interesting!! Have you listened to it? And, is it possible to replace it with a better chip or better still, with a tube?
It is not anything I have listened to long, and / or seriously.

I actually do design and build my own SE tube amps.

For example, see this Post #29, and the one that follows it , #29.

Jeff

Last edited:
Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back