Here's a chance to sample "Tube Sound"

The unit came with only one set of tubes.

I certainly will like to try the tube pre-amp. I suspect the amp stage in the Fatman amp.

@captrajesh Already in touch with Kumar, have PM'ed you the details.
@fLUX could you write your impressions albeit a brief one.
I must emphasize that this may be a idiosyncrasy of this particular unit and may not be a general feature of the Fatman amplifiers.

I am listening to the same numbers on my laptop with inexpensive speakers, and the music is sublime without any distortion.
Thanks for the detailed review of sorts. @Kannan did you notice this when pairing it with your Infinity speakers? Looks like it needs to go-to Syed if that's the case.
Nice review. Did you try the other tubes and did it make a difference? @captrajesh who has the preamp, havent seen any review on it?
The preamp is still doing rounds at Bangalore. According to Kannan and/or Syed, the tubes that came with the Fatman aren't those meant for it. So no tube rolling.

Thanks for the detailed review of sorts. @Kannan did you notice this when pairing it with your Infinity speakers? Looks like it needs to go-to Syed if that's the case.
I did not do any detailed listening, just a few songs to check to ensure that it worked without any issues.
However whatever little I heard, it sounded good.
I dont remember if this model has any bias and dc offset setting. Will hunt for service manual and see.

Last edited:
@fLUX could you write your impressions albeit a brief one.

The preamp is still doing rounds at Bangalore. According to Kannan and/or Syed, the tubes that came with the Fatman aren't those meant for it. So no tube rolling.
Hi Rajesh,

I picked it up today, will share a brief writeup by the weekend.

Kannan and Capt. Rajesh. Hold your horses. I have made some changes to the set up, and the results are positive. Will report tomorrow morning.

Have hooked it up as a headphone amp right now with SMSL SU-8 and already amazed by the power this little amp has.

Presentation is no doubt very different from a solid state and sounds much more holographic, not very clear at volumes beyond 50% but not needing to go beyond 30% with the headphones.

I have created a thread under reviews for my impressions

If there is no one further to try these out , I dont mind retaining them with me :p

Also @captrajesh would love to try out the Fatman anytime it arrives back in Bangalore

Last edited:
I have created a thread under reviews for my impressions

If there is no one further to try these out , I dont mind retaining them with me :p

Also @captrajesh would love to try out the Fatman anytime it arrives back in Bangalore
Thanks for the heads-up. If there's no one else interested, we can ship it to Hyderabad as Chennai already has the Integrated.

Is there anyone else in Chennai wants to sample the Integrated Amp?

I have received back the The Fatman hybrid tube integrated amplifier from @venkatcr.
Anyone in Chennai if interested in trying it out, can PM me or post here in the thread

Else it will be returned to Bangalore.

Why just to Bangalore! Any other place is also fine.

Is there anyone else who'd like to try this out in Bangalore? Else I'll arrange to shift it to Hyderabad.
Hi, I would like to try this out. Can you please let me know from where I can pick this up?

Hi, I would like to try this out. Can you please let me know from where I can pick this up?
I assume that you are referring to the Bravo Audio preamp. You may ping fLUX and schedule your pick up. And please ping me your No..

Edit:
Hope you have a power amp driving your speakers.

Last edited:
Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back