Here's a chance to sample "Tube Sound"

Sir, I am interested to try and and experience the tube sound. I am from Bangalore and not sure if I am eligible to have it coz my tenure in this forum.
If Yes, I would like to experience it once before it leaves Bangalore.
Finally, I'm happy to note some interest for the preamp. Hope it goes to maximum members before reaching Hyderabad.

@Prodigy you're most welcome to sample the tube preamp. Ping me your No. & touch base with Sud98 to take it forward.

Finally, I'm happy to note some interest for the preamp. Hope it goes to maximum members before reaching Hyderabad.

@Prodigy you're most welcome to sample the tube preamp. Ping me your No. & touch base with Sud98 to take it forward.
Thank you very much sir. I have sent you a PM with contact details.

Had a great time with the pre-amp. I had never experienced the tube sound before but then this really got me thinking.
It paired really well with my Platinum Saptak and was quite enjoyable.

Going by my impressions, the amp is quite musical. Especially when listening to soft rock and country it did put a wide smile. I am actually planning on adding a tube to my current audio chain.

It’s true, once we experience the tube sound it’s very difficult to come out and get your ears adjusted to solid state. The Bravo Ocean Mini gets really hot but then I never felt much difference in sound then too. I never tried to swap any of the tubes as I did not want to take any risk but then it was definitely a very good experience.

It’s quite sensitive for sure. I had kept the volume on my PA at around 20% and this mini Bravo could fill he room at 30% of its volume. I could never think of driving it any higher than that.

Thank you FM @captrajesh and @smedhavi for providing an opportunity to experience tube sound.

I have now packed and kept ready to pass it on to the next FM who wants to experience.

I truly recommend all who have not tried a tube amp till date to try this to feel the true depth of music.

Regards,
Som

Last edited:
Is the Fatman serviced and working now
It has been picked up by someone on behalf of FM Arunlouie. His round trip to Bangalore got postponed due to some domestic issues I guess. It'll reach you whenever he travels back to Chennai.
How is Mr @smedhavi

Hope things are good on the health front.

I pinged him a couple of times but haven't got any response. Hope all's well with him. FM Sud98 was in touch. May be he can update.

I'm happy to note that my intention of starting this thread is bearing fruit albeit in a small way.

@Prodigy is a prospective convert and going to sample the AP tube Preamp in his system.

If any FM in Bangalore is interested to sample it, he can ping me and then collect it from Prodigy. Else, it'll reach Hyderabad via Chennai. If any member from Hyderabad wants to sample it, he's welcome as well.

Hello @captrajesh , as discussed, would request for an opportunity to audition this preamplifier.
@Prodigy kindly let me know when would you want to hand it over?
Hi Kumar,
As soon as @captrajesh sir confirms you can pick it up. I will re-pack it and keep it ready today. Be aware! Toob is an addiction. You might not feeling like switching back to solid state.
You’ll definitely enzoy!:p

Regards,
Som;)

Hi Kumar,
As soon as @captrajesh sir confirms you can pick it up. I will re-pack it and keep it ready today. Be aware! Toob is an addiction. You might not feeling like switching back to solid state.
You’ll definitely enzoy!:p

Regards,
Som;)
Point well taken Som..
I am all game for this addiction :cool:
Hope you had a great time with this beauty?
Btw, need some information and user experience on the indiq PA. Got in touch with @fLUX for the same and he is all gaga about it. Good to know that he is happy.
Anyhow, let me not hijack the thread and will speak about it when we meet.
Happy listening :)

I spoke to @Prodigy recently. He is definitely smitten by "toob-sound" after listening to the Bravo preamp/hp-amp.
Cheers,
Raghu
he he.. Tube it is anytime :D .. Not going with Acoustic Portrait due to personal reasons and I also felt it was too bright for my taste. Not a perfect choice for all genre of music according to them and suits best for Indian and western classical + some of legendry Rock and Metal and I on the other hand listen to anything and everything that sounds good to my ears may it be Pop, Jazz, Rock, Metal, Bollywood, Folk for any other gener.
So my hunt is still on and i am looking at Lyrita DHT or Schiit Saga +.

Last edited by a moderator:
Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back