Here's telugu movie DVDs that look good even on a 47" FullHDTV

max123_ind

Hi guys, I own some Telugu DVDs and I'll keep adding to this list all the movies that look okay even on a 47" screen. I have played some movies and there is way too much pixelation.. so if I want to buy some DVDs for 47"+ TVs make sure they are on this list ;)

Movies
=====
Jalsa - there is slight softness
Athadu - good sharpness - Great buy
King - good PQ,AQ, there are some speckles in video but is a great buy.. Thumbs up
Darling (this DVD is so sharp that you'll think this is a Bluray)

DVDs to Avoid
============
Stalin (looks like a VCD)
Nuvvostaanante Nenoddantaana (there is clearly pixelation)

Last edited:
Hi guys, I own some Telugu DVDs and I'll keep adding to this list all the movies that look okay even on a 47" screen. I have played some movies and there is way too much pixelation.. so if I want to buy some DVDs for 47"+ TVs make sure they are on this list ;)

Movies
=====
Jalsa - there is slight softness
Athadu - good sharpness
King - good sharpness, there are some speckles at times but is good
Darling (this DVD is so sharp that you'll think this is a Bluray)

DVDs to Avoid
============
Stalin (looks like a VCD)
Nuvvostaanante Nenoddantaana (there is clearly pixelation)

JALSA & ATHADU anytime ... Bramhi rocks .......... :lol:

Add with the list..It look good in Full HD projector too with 100" image with an viewing distance of 10 feet... So hopfully it will be good in 47" Led too with 5 feet distance viewing.

Pokkiri
Lakshmi
Mass
Vikaramakudu
Arya
Kick
+++++ List goes on..

Add with the list..It look good in Full HD projector too with 100" image with an viewing distance of 10 feet... So hopfully it will be good in 47" Led too with 5 feet distance viewing.

Pokkiri
Lakshmi
Mass
Vikaramakudu
Arya
Kick
+++++ List goes on..

Corrections : :p
Pokkiri (tamil) Pokiri (Telugu)
Vikramarkudu
Aarya

max, srini sir, kittu, thanks for the recos. I ve watched pokiri,athadu. What about bomarillu, koncham ishtam koncham kashtam?

:eek: Did you watch them straight telugu version or dubbed or with subtitles ?

Bommarillu and Konchem Istam Konchem Kashtam are decent but not really repeated kinds ... Just my choice... One time yes.......

You must watch Aarya 2 ;) and see how ringa ringa song sounds on your AP-setup.:lol:

max, srini sir, kittu, thanks for the recos. I ve watched pokiri,athadu. What about bomarillu, koncham ishtam koncham kashtam?
@max123_ind: Dude..you missed Magadheera.
KICK is another one belongs there.
Koncham ishtam koncham kashtam again got excellent transfer.Bomarillu is also good one if not as good as Max's list..
Basically any new releases from Balaji Videos and Aditya will have an excellent transfer. Volga's is the worst of the lot.

@max123_ind: Dude..you missed Magadheera.
KICK is another one belongs there.
Koncham ishtam koncham kashtam again got excellent transfer.Bomarillu is also good one if not as good as Max's list..
Basically any new releases from Balaji Videos and Aditya will have an excellent transfer. Volga's is the worst of the lot.

Magadheera qualifies for Bluray :licklips:

Yes what idlebrain told is right, i do hold idream dvd's and it is excellent among all..

Yes, i mentioned only telugu( Pokkiri)..:) + list goes on, i find lot of releases in telugu transferes were good comparing to tamil.

Nothin related to above topic::::::Just to add about latest maheshbabu flick "Khaleja", i like that movie, but asusual telugu masala, what i love a lot is story goes with comedy and maheshbabu done his role better.. Still a lot of filmi masala with unbelievable scenes. Could be made better and songs were not appealing much except two.

Regards

Last edited:
Another good one is "Leader" (Telugu) movie.. the audio and video are top notch.. They released a Blu-ray but looking at the DVD I don't think it make sense to go for BluRay.. it's a visual treat on DVD itself...

Also saw "Krishna" and about 15 mins of "Happy Days" movie(borrowed) today.. good picture quality.

I think in general all of newer ones especially authored by Sri Balaji videos are razor sharp.. a very laudable effort.. now if other companies try to repeat that it would be great.... I'm saying this because I have Arya-2 (by Volga) which has good sound but bad PQ (there's a lot of softness)

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back