Hey all! introducing myself

puneetmakkad

Hey all,

Stumbled upon this website while looking for web help on setting up a mini home theatre. Our home is currently under renovation in Mumbai and after a lot of convincing I have been allocated a room to use for a home theatre and a gaming consoles.

My next thread will be one seeking help - I did read some threads and its exciting to know that this forum is alive and kicking! Ive been to 2 consultants now and both have opposing views... leaves me confused!

I look forward to contributing to and getting help from this forum!

Cheers!
Puneet

welcome to the forum puneet. good to hear that you will now have a dedicated HT room.

please post the requiremnets of the HT

usage , room size, budget..

as you also mentioned that house is under renovation. if possible get the wiring done while is WIP and if budget permits you can go ahead with room corrected acousticaly as well for better experience.

Hi Puneet,

Welcome to the forum. It's great to know that you are setting up a dedicated home theatre/gaming room in your house.

You would have noticed that most cinema halls do not have straight, parallel sided wall but curved wall that bulge inwards and that the halls themselves are shaped like quarter circles with the narrow side towards the screen. This enhances the audio visual effects and reduces acoustic effects such as reverberation of sound and undesirable feedback.

It will be difficult and expensive to do this in your house (unless you already have semicircular or similar shaped room) but you may try to replicate some of these effects through the use of soft furnishing.

Give it a thought.

Best wishes.

Hey all,

Stumbled upon this website while looking for web help on setting up a mini home theatre. Our home is currently under renovation in Mumbai and after a lot of convincing I have been allocated a room to use for a home theatre and a gaming consoles.

My next thread will be one seeking help - I did read some threads and its exciting to know that this forum is alive and kicking! Ive been to 2 consultants now and both have opposing views... leaves me confused!

I look forward to contributing to and getting help from this forum!

Cheers!
Puneet

before i can say anything i would say you are very very lucky to get a separate room for urself (HT & Gaming) in MUMBAI. where did u get this space buddy.:D

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back