Hey All, Newbie from Mumbai

Omega Man

Hi All,

I am an avid music lover and have just signed up with Hifivision in search of information on Turntables, Phono Preamps, Vinyls etc. I remember using an old and really huge gramaphone record changer with a radio as a child. My dad had then bought an HMV stereo changer and a load of vinyls, old & new, some very heavy yet very delicate.

The reason I am here today is: While going thru some packed boxes that my Dad bought when we moved from Zambia to India a few years ago after 30 years, we came across a boxed pack JVC AL-E1BK Turntable. Its unused, untouched and in its original packing. I think the modest Jamo PJ-HCS-2000 5.1 DVD system that we own, does not have a Phono input, so are on the lookout for a decent yet affordable Phono Preamp for the purpose.

Any help with this will be appreciated.

Wish you all a very happy new year,
Cheers,
/-llvljl-\\)

Hi Omega Man,

Congratulations on finding your turntable. You can try the Project or NAD or Cambridge Audio phono stages, in the Rs. 6,000 range. Alternatively you may look for a pre amplifier, either new or used.

Happy New Year!

Last edited:
Hi omega man

Congrats!I hope you find a phono preamp or a phono stage and start enjoying the vintage music that no other system can provide. do let the forum members know how you are progressing. If you encounter any problems, we are there to help.
kuruvilajacob

Hi :) miroflex, spirovious, kuruvilajacob, Yogesh, theironhorse, Thank you all.

I have shortlisted a few Phono Preamps in the range of 2k-5k. But I am also keeping my options open to assemble one. I would appreciate if anyone has any good circuit diagram with pcb layout to share.

Please advice,
Cheers :)

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back