Hi all, I am new to this forum and require your valuable suggestions

@elangoas @arunkvivek @efernand1

Thanks for your valuable suggestions.

Atleast decided to go with AVR Denon X2400
Pl suggest one of the below best speaker pkg for this.

1. JBL Arena 170 Series
  2. Taga Harmony 606 V3
Thanks & Regards,

Venkatesh J

The Taga 606 is a good offer IMO.. You get 5 speakers.. With the JBL Arena 170 series, i think it is only a FS.. How much is JBL arena?

I would root for Taga as well but try to get 606F SE as it has upgraded crossovers, bigger magnet on woofers and something borrowed from higher series. It should do better bass and is more efficient @ 91 db compared to 606 V3 (90 db) or JBL Arena 87 db (you need powerful AVR to get the best out of JBL Arenas).
Also, from what I heard JBL is removing all its home Hifi Speakers off the shelves and is going to promote more of boomboxes in India. Not sure if it is true. Please check this out before taking a call on JBL. You might have challenges on after sale support but also could get good bargains if you bargain real hard.
BTW, Do you have options to audition in Coimbatore?

The Taga 606 is a good offer IMO.. You get 5 speakers.. With the JBL Arena 170 series, i think it is only a FS.. How much is JBL arena?
Thanks Sir for your revert.

They offered 56 K for 2 FS (Arena 170), 1 Centre, 1 - 10" SW, 2 Book Shelf Speakers (Photographs attached).

Book Shelf will be Control X

Taga Harmony 606 V3 pack is 8 K to 10 K less comparing JBL

Please guide me which one will be best for Denon X2400H.

Attachments

• Control X.jpg
    Control X.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 9
  • JBL Kit.jpg
    JBL Kit.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 9
I would root for Taga as well but try to get 606F SE as it has upgraded crossovers, bigger magnet on woofers and something borrowed from higher series. It should do better bass and is more efficient @ 91 db compared to 606 V3 (90 db) or JBL Arena 87 db (you need powerful AVR to get the best out of JBL Arenas).
Also, from what I heard JBL is removing all its home Hifi Speakers off the shelves and is going to promote more of boomboxes in India. Not sure if it is true. Please check this out before taking a call on JBL. You might have challenges on after sale support but also could get good bargains if you bargain real hard.
BTW, Do you have options to audition in Coimbatore?
Thanks for your revert. Here @ Coimbatore we have only Profx showroom and that too the handle only Polk and other premium segments .

But got some good vendors here and they doesn't have display as they are dealing with products and running service centers.

Regards.

Venkatesh J

Thanks Sir for your revert.

They offered 56 K for 2 FS (Arena 170), 1 Centre, 1 - 10" SW, 2 Book Shelf Speakers (Photographs attached).

what is the deal on X2400H? It is an older series as X2500H is already out. You must be able to get better discount for X2400, X3400 compared to the current series.
If you had an audition and liked JBL, I would suggest this - Check what is the price difference between X2400 and X3400. If the difference is less than or equal to SW price, drop the SW and go for higher grade AVR. The JBL speakers would benefit from them.

If you liked Taga go for 606 SE compared to V3.

On SW vs X3400H. I would go for higher AVR as it gives you a lot of advantages. It has 2 SW outs, I think and discrete power amplification. better version of Audessey. On the other hand entry level SW, i likely to be boomy and distorted if you push up the volumes. It is better save up money for SW and buy it down the line.

For approx 60K budget, i would suggest Taga 606 / 606 SE + Dual Taga TSW 120 subwoofers, making it a 5.2 set-up, which will have definite advantage over low freq in your room, till whatever low freq the subwoofer is capable of reproducing..

@elangoas @arunkvivek

Sirs,

As both of you suggested Taga 606 SE would be better option comparing JBL Arena (Yes it seems they might remove home hifi speakers).

Pl. suggest 1 or 2 best 10" sub woofer models that fits for Taga 606 SE along with Denon X2400H AVR.

Thanks in advance / Venkatesh J

As both of you suggested Taga 606 SE would be better option comparing JBL Arena

606 SE should be better than 606, as @arunkvivek pointed out the difference in specs.. It could also be expensive.. Not sure by how much.. But, if you can afford the difference get the 606 SE, else settle for 606..

Pl. suggest 1 or 2 best 10" sub woofer models that fits for Taga 606 SE along with Denon X2400H AVR.

A subs duty is to reproduce the low freq in music and LFE in movies.. So, you can add any brand of sub with any speaker..

The Taga TSw 120, a 10inch sub retails for approx 18K.. You can get 2 of them.. If you can get hold of Taga TSW 200, a 12 inch sub for lil more price, even better..

Choice is yours depending on how flexible is your budget.. If you are picking all Taga, good chances you can negotiate hard for prices..

606 SE should be better than 606, as @arunkvivek pointed out the difference in specs.. It could also be expensive.. Not sure by how much.. But, if you can afford the difference get the 606 SE, else settle for 606..

A subs duty is to reproduce the low freq in music and LFE in movies.. So, you can add any brand of sub with any speaker..

The Taga TSw 120, a 10inch sub retails for approx 18K.. You can get 2 of them.. If you can get hold of Taga TSW 200, a 12 inch sub for lil more price, even better..

Choice is yours depending on how flexible is your budget.. If you are picking all Taga, good chances you can negotiate hard for prices..
Ok sir thanks a lot will check the price and close this.

@Venkatesh J
My advice: please do not make your purchasing decisions directly based on advice from individuals to buy a product of particular brand from a specific seller that too without audition. Also their comment history will give an idea about whether a member is biased towards a particular brand/seller.

Please audition before buying, they are eye opening (at least in my case it was).

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back