Hi all!!

rajarshi

great to be a part of this forum. am from durgapur, now in kolkata. fond memories of playing vinyls on HMV fiesta during the 70s and 80s throughout my childhood. trying to get back once again and let my kids into the surreal world of the rotating disk that can be seen.

Hi,

Welcome to HFV, I am sure you will learn and enjoy the experiences and advice provided by our fellow members. Dont forget to browse posted forums which would have the answers required for the queries you have or challenges you face.all the besthappy browsing!

...........trying to get back once again and let my kids into the surreal world of the rotating disk that can be seen.........

You do realise that vinyl is no longer in the 'inexpensive' category ! If it's to collect old albums and play them with all their warts then it's OK. If it's for new music then the process becomes expensive . However if you collect old international albums, many of which aren't available on CD or other digital formats, then it's a good idea.
Also remember that you need to spend about Rs 7,000/- or so for every 500 hours of use. If you are lucky with pristine albums , maybe you can stretch that to 1000 hours. Rs 7,000/- will get you a decent cartridge not a great one. The very delicate stylus ( if not damaged accidentally with several people handling it !) will last between 500 to 1000 hours max. A worn out stylus will destroy your albums with a single play ! New stylii cost almost as much as a new cartridge so most people do buy a new replacement cartridge !
Today vinyl is a very serious and expensive proposition ! Think hard before you plunge into it. It isn't meant for youngsters who do not have the patience to treat is gently. ;)

Back