Hello All! Satya Here.

satyabrata.dash.89

Hi All, I am Satya. I am huge music enthusiast. I have been playing guitar for several years now, started with metal during my teenage years, and now have ended up with jazz guitar and bass. I always kept a listening ritual for myself, to listen to the genres I had been playing, till today, about 15 years later. Now, I listen to a whole lot of jazz. I keep exploring for inspiration. There are a few jazz tracks I listen to because they make me happy, but rest of it is critical listening, part of my ritual.

Coming to the devices. For a long time, I listened to music only on earphones, whatever I could find/afford when I had to be frugal. When I could earn money, I poured them into music instruments, which I have a lot of now, and poor me was stuck listening to a phone/mp3 player and a pair of earphones, of a named brand but not of audiophile grade. I had an ipod somewhere down the line but it wasnt any different than a phone for me.

Recently, I had a strong urge to go beyond the regular and give my listening sessions an upgrade, so I got a pair of Edifier R1280DB, paired to my old trusty focusrite scarlett 2i2. On personal audio, I have moved to phone+dac+Hifiman Deva/VE Monk Plus. Got all of this last month. I also discovered this forum during that time. I will be looking forward to getting better audio sources, soon will be upgrading my speakers, as I dont like the sound of R1280DB(a bit bassy for my taste). Hoping to learn a lot from experts here.

Hi All, I am Satya. I am huge music enthusiast. I have been playing guitar for several years now, started with metal during my teenage years, and now have ended up with jazz guitar and bass. I always kept a listening ritual for myself, to listen to the genres I had been playing, till today, about 15 years later. Now, I listen to a whole lot of jazz. I keep exploring for inspiration. There are a few jazz tracks I listen to because they make me happy, but rest of it is critical listening, part of my ritual.

Coming to the devices. For a long time, I listened to music only on earphones, whatever I could find/afford when I had to be frugal. When I could earn money, I poured them into music instruments, which I have a lot of now, and poor me was stuck listening to a phone/mp3 player and a pair of earphones, of a named brand but not of audiophile grade. I had an ipod somewhere down the line but it wasnt any different than a phone for me.

Recently, I had a strong urge to go beyond the regular and give my listening sessions an upgrade, so I got a pair of Edifier R1280DB, paired to my old trusty focusrite scarlett 2i2. On personal audio, I have moved to phone+dac+Hifiman Deva/VE Monk Plus. Got all of this last month. I also discovered this forum during that time. I will be looking forward to getting better audio sources, soon will be upgrading my speakers, as I dont like the sound of R1280DB(a bit bassy for my taste). Hoping to learn a lot from experts here.

Hi,

Welcome to HFV.

I am sure you will find your experience here very enriching and enjoyable.

Make sure to visit the countless posts which is based on direct experience, technical knowledge and honest feedback.

If the post / response to you helps in any way, use the 'Like' button which is located at the right hand bottom of the post. This helps to build up positive reputation for the FM (Fellow Member).

Hope you have a great journey here! Nice to have FMs with awesome talent used professionally.

All the best!

Hi,

Welcome to HFV.

I am sure you will find your experience here very enriching and enjoyable.

Make sure to visit the countless posts which is based on direct experience, technical knowledge and honest feedback.

If the post / response to you helps in any way, use the 'Like' button which is located at the right hand bottom of the post. This helps to build up positive reputation for the FM (Fellow Member).

Hope you have a great journey here! Nice to have FMs with awesome talent used professionally.

All the best!
Thank you so much for the welcome and I will make sure I appreciate the information that is useful to me!

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back