Hi audiophiles- this is a rant against DENON support and AV STORE PUNE

Gopika

I bought a DENON DRA 800H amplifier/receiver online from AVSTORE in Pune who is an authorised dealer for DENON. It was shipped to me in Goa around a month ago . I set it up and soon discovered that neither the Bluetooth nor WiFi were working and complained on 22nd October to AV STORE. They sent me to a DENON approved technician in Goa. On opening the amplifier (in front of me) he found a huge dent on the inner casing and many damaged parts inside including a broken IC. I was horrified and sent all the details and photographs to AV STORE, confident that they would recall the broken product and replace or refund. (Incidentally the outer casing was not visibly damaged and the carton it was shipped in also showed no signs of a big fall, so my logic suggests that the amp had been opened and manhandled)

One month later I am still waiting for an answer from AV STORE Pune - an answer that goes beyond “we will help you”. The sales rep who sold it doesn't pick up my calls (everytIMEAM I message him he is “busy with clients” - as does the owner Anand Lulla who totally ignores my calls and hasnt even had the professional decency to apologise for selling a bum product! it is truly distressing and shocking. Has anyone ever dealt with these guys, AVSTORE Pune before? How does one trust a dealer specially when companies like DENON have no representative here in India? What does one do? They have not even given me any clue as to what’s going on! No offer to pick up the amp, repair the piece, refund my money, replace the piece! Nothing.

if anyone has any suggestions or ideas how to get DENON to take responsibility or any other recourse please do help.

ALSO, this is a warning about dealers like AV Store Pune who sell expensive equipment without standing behind their products or supporting their customers. Please beware.

Was the box not sealed with the original tape when you opened it? If it was, and since there is no external damage it could also be a QC miss from Denons' side and they should fix it under warranty.

1. Write to Denon directly with photos
2. If you paid via credit card, raise a dispute and submit copies of all bills, emails, WhatsApp, call logs etc to your bank and ask for reversal of charges
3. Complain at the govt portal

That's one of the reasons I always stick to local dealers. In case of a mishap, I can always walk up to him for assistance. Check the box and find out who the unit is sourced from, ProFx or PTC. Then drop a mail to the respective support; they are usually helpful.

I usually start with Twitter, if they have a social media presence. Followed by a ticket in the Govt's Consumer Forum - https://consumerhelpline.gov.in/user/index.php (they are very prompt in reaching out to the dealer/company).

You can escalate things further if you don't get a response.
Thanks for the suggestion. I am not a social media person but I will ask someone to post on Twitter for me. I hate to malign anyone in public but this issue is frustrating and the owner or reps don’t bother to even take my calls!
That's one of the reasons I always stick to local dealers. In case of a mishap, I can always walk up to him for assistance. Check the box and find out who the unit is sourced from, ProFx or PTC. Then drop a mail to the respective support; they are usually helpful.
You’re absolutely right. I live in Goa so no dealers here and I got complacent because we have gotten used to buying even expgoods online- there is complete trust because the vendor always replaces or refundsbif there is a problem. I feel like kicking myself now.
1. Write to Denon directly with photos
2. If you paid via credit card, raise a dispute and submit copies of all bills, emails, WhatsApp, call logs etc to your bank and ask for reversal of charges
3. Complain at the govt portal
Yes it was a CC payment. I’ll try doing what you are suggesting. Thanks!
Was the box not sealed with the original tape when you opened it? If it was, and since there is no external damage it could also be a QC miss from Denons' side and they should fix it under warranty.
the box was taped down. It could be Denon’s QC lapse - no doubt- but even in that case the dealer needs to take it back and regund my money or replace it and deal with Denon himself. Right?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes it was a CC payment. I’ll try doing what you are suggesting. Thanks!

the box was taped down. It could be Denon’s QC lapse - no doubt- but even in that case the dealer needs to take it back and regund my money or replace it and deal with Denon himself. Right?
Assuming it was factory sealed when you got it, it's a debatable how the seller chooses to proceed, Big companies like Amazon take the headache on themselves in the first 10 days, that if you get a faulty piece they will replace it if problems arise after 10 days you deal with the service center. But smaller places may not, they also forgo customer satisfaction in that case. They are scared that they will have to spend to pick the old unit and spend again to ship you a new one when it's not their fault, thereby losing all the profit they earned. But, that said, the guys not answering your calls and not speaking to you is disgusting and I cannot understand why that is so common in this country.

Overall, a sad situation to be in, and I wish it gets sorted for you at the earliest.

It may be courier which may have mishandled When that technician visited, did you ask for a service report? If yes,then that will help you as a proof.

It may be courier which may have mishandled When that technician visited, did you ask for a service report? If yes,then that will help you as a proof.
That’s what I thought at first but the outer carton is not damaged. Yes, service report was sent directly to Denon service in Mumbai

I bought a DENON DRA 800H amplifier/receiver online from AVSTORE in Pune who is an authorised dealer for DENON. It was shipped to me in Goa around a month ago . I set it up and soon discovered that neither the Bluetooth nor WiFi were working and complained on 22nd October to AV STORE. They sent me to a DENON approved technician in Goa. On opening the amplifier (in front of me) he found a huge dent on the inner casing and many damaged parts inside including a broken IC. I was horrified and sent all the details and photographs to AV STORE, confident that they would recall the broken product and replace or refund. (Incidentally the outer casing was not visibly damaged and the carton it was shipped in also showed no signs of a big fall, so my logic suggests that the amp had been opened and manhandled)

One month later I am still waiting for an answer from AV STORE Pune - an answer that goes beyond “we will help you”. The sales rep who sold it doesn't pick up my calls (everytIMEAM I message him he is “busy with clients” - as does the owner Anand Lulla who totally ignores my calls and hasnt even had the professional decency to apologise for selling a bum product! it is truly distressing and shocking. Has anyone ever dealt with these guys, AVSTORE Pune before? How does one trust a dealer specially when companies like DENON have no representative here in India? What does one do? They have not even given me any clue as to what’s going on! No offer to pick up the amp, repair the piece, refund my money, replace the piece! Nothing.

if anyone has any suggestions or ideas how to get DENON to take responsibility or any other recourse please do help.

ALSO, this is a warning about dealers like AV Store Pune who sell expensive equipment without standing behind their products or supporting their customers. Please beware.
Just adding to this thread, i want to thank whoever shared this thread with Anand Lulla of AVSTORE- because he ginally responded, referring to this rant on the forum, and has at least acknowledged the problem and reassured me that it will be resolved. And he is goibg to have the piece pucked up from me. That is a big step - let’s see how it goes from here. But thanks for bringing this thread to his attention- this has helped me put me faith in social media nd public opinion!!

That’s what I thought at first but the outer carton is not damaged. Yes, service report was sent directly to Denon service in Mumbai

Just adding to this thread, i want to thank whoever shared this thread with Anand Lulla of AVSTORE- because he ginally responded, referring to this rant on the forum, and has at least acknowledged the problem and reassured me that it will be resolved. And he is goibg to have the piece pucked up from me. That is a big step - let’s see how it goes from here. But thanks for bringing this thread to his attention- this has helped me put me faith in social media nd public opinion!!
I did torwarded this thread to him

Hi...I'm trying to find direct Denon Support in Mumbai. I showed my AVR1312 to few dealers and according to them it's some processor issue and the same part is not available hence the solution is to replace it with new AVR. My AVR keeps on switching off and on intermittently while being used. Sometimes you have to power of the supply to bring it in standby mode

Hi...I'm trying to find direct Denon Support in Mumbai. I showed my AVR1312 to few dealers and according to them it's some processor issue and the same part is not available hence the solution is to replace it with new AVR. My AVR keeps on switching off and on intermittently while being used. Sometimes you have to power of the supply to bring it in standby mode
There is no Denon support center in India that you can call up? Surprised why you need to show the piece to dealer instead of Denon technician

Preeti Trading Corporation
3, Shubhangini Building, 51, Milan Subway Road, Santacruz West,
Mumbai, Maharashtra
India
TEL: +919820644435, +912226108821, +912226108820
E-Mail: [email protected], [email protected]

Ask these guys.

Do a search on YouTube for Denon AVR repairs, your problem and also your model number

I remember seeing a video of a similar problem where the solution was repairing a small board that supplies 12v DC to the circuit

Hi,
In India, there is an importer and then there is a dealer.
I have really had some horrible pre-sales interactions with most of them. So much so that I actually let go of products that i kindda liked so as not come in contact with some of them, honestly.
Edit: Worst, parent companies don't really seem to care or bother about their brand name in this country.
Eventually, Anand was one of the people I felt I could deal with. Pricy, yes, but I thought he would at the least be helpful when it comes to after-sales stuff.
Your experience says otherwise and has come as a rude shock to me.
I do hope that word keeps reaching him and he mends his ways.
And hope you find a satisfactory resolution, man.
The AV cartel -- and it is a cartel, no mistake -- in India is as such so bad. And it is extremely distressing to hear stories like this!
Wish there really were ID brands reaching out to a global audience, cutting out middlemen.
Please keep us posted about how your issue was resolved.
Regards

Last edited:
Preeti Trading Corporation
3, Shubhangini Building, 51, Milan Subway Road, Santacruz West,
Mumbai, Maharashtra
India
TEL: +919820644435, +912226108821, +912226108820
E-Mail: [email protected], [email protected]

Ask these guys.
Thanks

There is no Denon support center in India that you can call up? Surprised why you need to show the piece to dealer instead of Denon technician
Without a Denon support whom do we connect to? The only guys available are the resellers or dealers.

Without a Denon support whom do we connect to? The only guys available are the resellers or dealers.
I did show it to a Denon Technician recommended by the dealer. For everything one has to go through the dealer as Denon has no company presence in India. The goods are imported through Preeti Trading and then it’s the dealer who takes over… its not a very reassuring arrangement as the dealer represents several brands and not necessarily committed to safeguarding the reputation of the Denon brand particularly.

This is pathetic. I feel like boycotting Denon after reading all this. Are there any good AVR brands present here who actually have some iota of respect for Indian customers?

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back