Hi audiophiles- this is a rant against DENON support and AV STORE PUNE

Do a search on YouTube for Denon AVR repairs, your problem and also your model number

I remember seeing a video of a similar problem where the solution was repairing a small board that supplies 12v DC to the circuit
+1, my Denon AVR 1912 had the same problem. Going to stand-by mode some time ( few seconds to few minutes) after switched on the AVR. Went through service manual,checked and found that in SMPS board 5v stand-by supply circuit was faulty. On Further check in the 5v stand by ckt, one IC TOP 258MN found to be faulty. After replacing the IC problem vanished.

Are there any good AVR brands present here who actually have some iota of respect for Indian customers?
No. Indian consumer market support is pathetic. Customer is king till he makes payment and once the customer makes the payment he becomes a slave. Now the above comment is in general. Now coming back to topic it depends on location as well. My friend recently got his Denon 2400 serviced. It had a power failure and didn’t turn on. There is authorised Denon service Center’s in Chennai and he had no problems with after sales service. And if purchased directly from an authorised dealer you can always take it back if damaged and have it replaced. Also you can have it opened at the dealers place and check for any damage or faults. Only unlucky ones are those who don’t have any genuine dealers nearby and are forced to buy online. Hifimart has been reliable and have seen them replacing for dead or damaged on arrival products.

Had faced similar issue with Denon, but my dealer was able to fix it asap without much headache. As luckily I purchased it from local dealer. But it is always a lesson learnt, "buy expensive items locally rather than going online to save couple of bucks or it is absolutely necessary"

Thanks

Without a Denon support whom do we connect to? The only guys available are the resellers or dealers.
Hello, i understand your pain.

I have the AVR-A100 Denon (not under warranty) and wrote to them for a small issue, they blindly forwarded me to Indian counterparts after 3 days stating parts for old model maybe an issue. Indian counterparts flatly refused support for items not bought from them. I said i have all original documents and certficates of authencity and i had bought it when i was in Germany . Still No. Lastly, when i insisted i have it in writing that i was told to connect with local service person and then he agreed to have a look at it (at a cost) , only when i said i will source the part you help me replace it. (Might as well run their department)

Now, I am not motivated enough to go to local service center anymore and will think twice before the buying the next flagship AVR from Denon.

Looks like the box mover mentality is eroding the AVR eco-system here.

Some key areas/ points Denon needs to pull its soggy socks
1. No presence for leading AVR in a 1.4 billion population country
2. No parts stock - all on back order
3. Customer is King, if you buy from me. Denon Deutschland ist nicht gut. Denon India lahi lahi changla.
4. When life gives you a lemon, don't come to me for a squeeze, make your lemon juice. (warranty or otherwise)

If not Denon , can someone help me with any decent alternates for AVR. I would like to reuse my Denon speakers with the new AVR. hope compatibility won't be an issue....

There is no Denon support center in India that you can call up? Surprised why you need to show the piece to dealer instead of Denon technician
I had similar problem which was fixed by authorised service centre in Cochin few years ago.( Costed 3.5 k )

I bought a DENON DRA 800H amplifier/receiver online from AVSTORE in Pune who is an authorised dealer for DENON. It was shipped to me in Goa around a month ago . I set it up and soon discovered that neither the Bluetooth nor WiFi were working and complained on 22nd October to AV STORE. They sent me to a DENON approved technician in Goa. On opening the amplifier (in front of me) he found a huge dent on the inner casing and many damaged parts inside including a broken IC. I was horrified and sent all the details and photographs to AV STORE, confident that they would recall the broken product and replace or refund. (Incidentally the outer casing was not visibly damaged and the carton it was shipped in also showed no signs of a big fall, so my logic suggests that the amp had been opened and manhandled)

One month later I am still waiting for an answer from AV STORE Pune - an answer that goes beyond “we will help you”. The sales rep who sold it doesn't pick up my calls (everytIMEAM I message him he is “busy with clients” - as does the owner Anand Lulla who totally ignores my calls and hasnt even had the professional decency to apologise for selling a bum product! it is truly distressing and shocking. Has anyone ever dealt with these guys, AVSTORE Pune before? How does one trust a dealer specially when companies like DENON have no representative here in India? What does one do? They have not even given me any clue as to what’s going on! No offer to pick up the amp, repair the piece, refund my money, replace the piece! Nothing.

if anyone has any suggestions or ideas how to get DENON to take responsibility or any other recourse please do help.

ALSO, this is a warning about dealers like AV Store Pune who sell expensive equipment without standing behind their products or supporting their customers. Please beware.

Hi,

Welcome to HFV!

I am sure you will find yourself enriched with the vast experience and knowledge shared by our FMs (Forum Members) in various threads and topics. Do browse the threads which will have ready information for the queries / challenges you may have around Audio / Video equipment etc.

Sorry to hear your bad experience. Hope it gets resolved soon. Twitter indeed is the best platform to get issues addressed.

Happy Browsing and wishing you all the best!

Hi,

Welcome to HFV!

I am sure you will find yourself enriched with the vast experience and knowledge shared by our FMs (Forum Members) in various threads and topics. Do browse the threads which will have ready information for the queries / challenges you may have around Audio / Video equipment etc.

Sorry to hear your bad experience. Hope it gets resolved soon. Twitter indeed is the best platform to get issues addressed.

I just saw the same reply written by you word to word on some other post. Curious to know why you do that?

I just saw the same reply written by you word to word on some other post. Curious to know why you do that?

Well! Is that not basic courtesy? Is there any rule against doing that? How do you welcome a new member who has joined?

Secondly there are many other FMs who even put the same standard line "Welcome to HFV" , have you asked them too or am I the special selected one here?

Unless the owner of this forum or the moderators feel otherwise, one should avoid to get personal out here. It's not rocket science in my post and I don't see why should further justification be provided.

All opinions / suggestions are welcome. Most of us try to make the time to help each other or suggest when we can and this is evident in the profile listing of every FM rating and credibility.

If you feel that the content I post is worthless etc. Pls go ahead and report the post.

For your information if you are not aware, in my initial days when I joined in 2012, there were some SMART wannabes or even the supposed experienced qualified technicians who seem to throw their might and weight around....today they are all banned members. So an advise to all to please TROLL carefully if deem to do so and also to those who specifically think they can band up together and try to Witch Hunt someone on this forum. Don't spoil the collaborative environment of this forum where many globally look up to! This is no someone's personal online wall to be used.

Hi,

Welcome to HFV!

Thanks. Your platform helped me to get a response at least from the dealer and he is in the process of taking back the amp. Next hurdle is to get A refund or replacement!
But i am grateful for this amazing platform (which i have enjoyed browsing through, even though im not a a hardcore audiophile- this is where I made my decision on the denon amp over the Marantz… ) - it is so full of detailed information!

Thanks. Your platform helped me to get a response at least from the dealer and he is in the process of taking back the amp. Next hurdle is to get A refund or replacement!
But i am grateful for this amazing platform (which i have enjoyed browsing through, even though im not a a hardcore audiophile- this is where I made my decision on the denon amp over the Marantz… ) - it is so full of detailed information!
Glad to know that at least some positive reply you got. Hope all goes smooth and you are ready to enjoy new amp soon.

My 2 cents,
I had purchased a Pioneer VSX 834 back in 2019, my first AVR. Everything was running smoothly, was loving it. But one day I heard a pop and crackle from left channel, then few from center. One day it went into protection mode! All this within a 2 months of purchase. This was a new unit bought from amazon. I called up amazon and they provided me the contact to Kripa Electronics, they were the dealer and distributors of Pioneer back then with 2yrs of warranty. Lucky me, Kripa Electronics is 10-15 mins away from my house.

They checked and gave me a replacement unit to test till they fix it. But I insisted I want a new one as it is not even 2 months this went bad.
They asked me if you want we can upgrade to higher tier with difference paid, take a demo unit of higher tier or a replacement, I opted for replacement. After a few days complete new replacement unit was provided and worked flawlessly till I sold it.

Moral of the story, be online or offline purchase, the dealers or distributors have to be good and take the responsibility of fixing things and giving piece of mind to consumers.

It is a Hit or Miss these days as so many dealers around us. Someone can make a thread for trustworthy dealers who have helped us after facing issues with their products.

My 2 cents,
I had purchased a Pioneer VSX 834 back in 2019, my first AVR. Everything was running smoothly, was loving it. But one day I heard a pop and crackle from left channel, then few from center. One day it went into protection mode! All this within a 2 months of purchase. This was a new unit bought from amazon. I called up amazon and they provided me the contact to Kripa Electronics, they were the dealer and distributors of Pioneer back then with 2yrs of warranty. Lucky me, Kripa Electronics is 10-15 mins away from my house.

They checked and gave me a replacement unit to test till they fix it. But I insisted I want a new one as it is not even 2 months this went bad.
They asked me if you want we can upgrade to higher tier with difference paid, take a demo unit of higher tier or a replacement, I opted for replacement. After a few days complete new replacement unit was provided and worked flawlessly till I sold it.

Moral of the story, be online or offline purchase, the dealers or distributors have to be good and take the responsibility of fixing things and giving piece of mind to consumers.

It is a Hit or Miss these days as so many dealers around us. Someone can make a thread for trustworthy dealers who have helped us after facing issues with their products.

Nice of you to share this experience which will help many to be cautious of dealers and their promises of after sales services!. I suggest to post this experience if there is a dedicated brand owners thread (Pioneer, Yamaha . Marantz, Yamaha) which will best help new and existing users of the brand to be mindful.

Nice of you to share this experience which will help many to be cautious of dealers and their promises of after sales services!. I suggest to post this experience if there is a dedicated brand owners thread (Pioneer, Yamaha . Marantz, Yamaha) which will best help new and existing users of the brand to be mindful.

Sadly, Kripa Electronics is no more dealing with Pioneer, the merger of Onkyo and Pioneer has made few loopholes and they are trying to sort this.
People who have purchased Pioneer in past will still be serviced by them though.

He shared a positive experience with that particular dealer so why are you referring to that good experience and saying that it will "help many to be cautious of dealers and their promises of after sales services"? Why is caution needed with a good experience? :eek:

He shared a positive experience with that particular dealer so why are you referring to that good experience and saying that it will "help many to be cautious of dealers and their promises of after sales services"? Why is caution needed with a good experience? :eek:

No one is saying that his experience is bad. All I said was in general all need to be cautious. Some would have good experiences and some would face bad ones....Dealers change their colors with time...this could be due to changing situations and also on purpose. So it's good to be cautious with all dealers we interact with.

Hope this clarifies.

My 2 cents,

Yes indeed. One buys from a reliable dealer for peace of mind. I did quite some research before opting to buy online from AVStore so i was so distressed and disappointed by what I was put through. Anyway, I hope they redeem themselves and make good now. It will save their reputation from being dented.

I bought a DENON DRA 800H amplifier/receiver online from AVSTORE in Pune who is an authorised dealer for DENON. It was shipped to me in Goa around a month ago . I set it up and soon discovered that neither the Bluetooth nor WiFi were working and complained on 22nd October to AV STORE. They sent me to a DENON approved technician in Goa. On opening the amplifier (in front of me) he found a huge dent on the inner casing and many damaged parts inside including a broken IC. I was horrified and sent all the details and photographs to AV STORE, confident that they would recall the broken product and replace or refund. (Incidentally the outer casing was not visibly damaged and the carton it was shipped in also showed no signs of a big fall, so my logic suggests that the amp had been opened and manhandled)

One month later I am still waiting for an answer from AV STORE Pune - an answer that goes beyond “we will help you”. The sales rep who sold it doesn't pick up my calls (everytIMEAM I message him he is “busy with clients” - as does the owner Anand Lulla who totally ignores my calls and hasnt even had the professional decency to apologise for selling a bum product! it is truly distressing and shocking. Has anyone ever dealt with these guys, AVSTORE Pune before? How does one trust a dealer specially when companies like DENON have no representative here in India? What does one do? They have not even given me any clue as to what’s going on! No offer to pick up the amp, repair the piece, refund my money, replace the piece! Nothing.

if anyone has any suggestions or ideas how to get DENON to take responsibility or any other recourse please do help.

ALSO, this is a warning about dealers like AV Store Pune who sell expensive equipment without standing behind their products or supporting their customers. Please beware.
Always stick with local dealers for HIFI...may be little pricey but will get good support...

First of all thank you for bringing this to attention, i was about to get something from AVstore, now, im not even going to consider them. This is not an acceptable service, denying customer calls, no response for calls or emails is rude, they should be open to customers on what they can do about this issue and if there is there is nothing to support, same should be passed to the customer. Good starting point here is to take this to twitter including denon and the dealers, facebook page, email to CEO of denon followed by consumer complaints portal. This can be a stressful situation and it is the responsibility of the dealer to guide.

Well! Is that not basic courtesy? Is there any rule against doing that? How do you welcome a new member who has joined?

Secondly there are many other FMs who even put the same standard line "Welcome to HFV" , have you asked them too or am I the special selected one here?

Unless the owner of this forum or the moderators feel otherwise, one should avoid to get personal out here. It's not rocket science in my post and I don't see why should further justification be provided.

All opinions / suggestions are welcome. Most of us try to make the time to help each other or suggest when we can and this is evident in the profile listing of every FM rating and credibility.

If you feel that the content I post is worthless etc. Pls go ahead and report the post.

For your information if you are not aware, in my initial days when I joined in 2012, there were some SMART wannabes or even the supposed experienced qualified technicians who seem to throw their might and weight around....today they are all banned members. So an advise to all to please TROLL carefully if deem to do so and also to those who specifically think they can band up together and try to Witch Hunt someone on this forum. Don't spoil the collaborative environment of this forum where many globally look up to! This is no someone's personal online wall to be used.
Ah! Glad you did reply and not send a cut and paste of the same text again on auto mode "like some other people do". Mostly such posts/replies have no context or relevance to what the OP may be refering to. Thanks once again for actually replying:)

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back