Hi everyone

Sanjay Khanna

I am new to the forum and this is my first post. I love all Western Music and vintage Hi Fi. I have a Kenwood CA 8004 amp,Sony TC 161 SD cassette deck and Tannoy floor standing speakers, all in working condition. The Akai GX 365 spool deck and the Garrard Zero 100 turntable are presently kaput but thanks to some advice from Venkat, I should be bable to get the cartridge slide for the latter and get it going again. As a back up system, I use a Denon 700 amp, NAD 521 Deck, Denon 29 turntable and Technics Graphic Equalizer,with a pair of Jamo speakers and another pair of 'Knights '( circa 1967,don't know the make,16 ohms resistance ).I also have about 400 vinyl discs ( most of them 40 years old ), a large CD and cassette collection and music on spools. Have connected my JVC Worldspace Reciever to the back up system - not the best sound quality but great music. Any views on that ? By the way, I live in Hyderabad and am not so ancient as the equipment makes it out to be !!!!! Looking forward to hearing from all of you

I am new to the forum and this is my first post. I love all Western Music and vintage Hi Fi. I have a Kenwood CA 8004 amp,Sony TC 161 SD cassette deck and Tannoy floor standing speakers, all in working condition. The Akai GX 365 spool deck and the Garrard Zero 100 turntable are presently kaput but thanks to some advice from Venkat, I should be bable to get the cartridge slide for the latter and get it going again. As a back up system, I use a Denon 700 amp, NAD 521 Deck, Denon 29 turntable and Technics Graphic Equalizer,with a pair of Jamo speakers and another pair of 'Knights '( circa 1967,don't know the make,16 ohms resistance ).I also have about 400 vinyl discs ( most of them 40 years old ), a large CD and cassette collection and music on spools. Have connected my JVC Worldspace Reciever to the back up system - not the best sound quality but great music. Any views on that ? By the way, I live in Hyderabad and am not so ancient as the equipment makes it out to be !!!!! Looking forward to hearing from all of you

Hi Sanjay,

Welcome to Hifivision, a friendly and helping forum. The equipment listed are wonderful. Isn't there any CD player?

Regards,
Muthusami. S

Hi Sanjay, quite a system you have . House must be full of audio gear . Good to know you. Have you settled in Hyderabad ?

Welome Sanjay. Good to have you with us.

Your system sounds good. Recently I read somewhere that Dual has started selling new turntables into the market again. Both Garrard and Dual are excellent turntables.

400 records? Man, you have a gold mine. My nephew presented me with a set of Pink Floyd LPs about 10 years ago and I have not even opened them. I had sold my turntable then, and was away from music for sometime.

In some time, I plan to have a conversion kit in place to digitise all cassettes that I have. I must be having some 300 odd cassettes.

When I come to Hyderabad sometime, I would love to visit you and listen to your system.

Cheers

Hi Venkat,
Thanks for the warm welcome. Would be delighted to meet you whenever you visit Hyderabad. Great idea to digitise your cassette collection - I would do the same except that I am an absolute zero with computers so I would't know where to begin. Thanks also for your tip on the cartridge slide for the Garrard - will get the good old brother in law energised in the US to do the needfull. Cheers

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back