Hi everyone

canucks

Hi Guys n Gals, i found this site and pleased to see that you guys are upto speed in india with latest in hifi. I am moving back to india from Canada and would like to get some help in setting up my HT in my new home ...glad that i found you folks here.

Yup things are alright back here in the old country ;)

You definitely do not need to cart your favourite kit all the way back. Chances are you will be able to get all you need delivered to your doorstep. Most of the dealers here do speaker setups as well. Dealer support here completely rocks anything you may have over there.

Hey Buddy...

Welcome to the Forum !!!
Have a nice stay here...

Learn & Share every bit of AV out here...

Share with us, when you will be back in India...
And what setup you would consider for your place...

Do mention, the room size, budget, your preference (Music/Movies in Ratio), and any particular brand preferences...

Hope to see you soon in India...

Hi,

Warm welcome to the forum and to the country !! have a pleasant stay here !!

Please do share with us the set-up you had in Canada and the proposed set-up here !!

India has moved quite a bit interms of technology so we no longer are a backward country ( though the implementation of these is a different story and out of the context here)

As others have said please read the already existing thread of the similar topics and then post your query ! this will not only help you to gather some information but also may give a ready reckoner to your problems !

Regards.

thanks every one guys you really gave me a nice welcome ..i already have left canada and presently i am on vacation in us and will get to the farmlands pretty soon and will start posting all the info soon... i am glad to hear that you guys are getting gr8 deals on britt speakers like quad monitor audio and wharfdales etc actually some of them are killer deals and better that bargain basement/online retailers .. on the other hand for avrs it is different ball game like onkyo 875 or denon 3808 the price here is 1300-1500 usd so you should not be paying more than 60-70 grand on these and for 45-50 k you should get 805 /2808/7002 type systems but you are getting 606 1908 etc in that price so a little short change there.... and the legendary anacondas man what can i say i was reading up on streophile mag during my flight to san fran and i could see cables for 700 bucks per meter and etal all snake oil but they could not compare to what you got going there....(based on your impressions/reviews) so hats off to desi inguinity....now do i sneak a projector or i can find it there here good 720 p projectors are in the range of 1000-1500 bucks and 1080p 2000-2500 usd so what is your take on that...

... could not compare to what you got going there....(based on your impressions/reviews) so hats off to desi inguinity....now do i sneak a projector or i can find it there here good 720 p projectors are in the range of 1000-1500 bucks and 1080p 2000-2500 usd so what is your take on that...

You don't need to but projectors cost a little more here right now. Get what you want in but you may have to cough up some change at customs.

Saw a review for a Viewsonic Home Theater projector in this months 'Digit' magazine, with a MRP of Rs.36000. Review comments indicate it is good value for money.

im an indian living overseas and was also surprised to see all the brands available in india when i joined this forum, though expensive due to customs, low turnover etc etc. if you come on transfer of residence you are allowed one music system / ht free of customs duties

im an indian living overseas and was also surprised to see all the brands available in india when i joined this forum, though expensive due to customs, low turnover etc etc. if you come on transfer of residence you are allowed one music system / ht free of customs duties

i wish it was true all i could find was that if someone comes home after stay of over 5 yrs the family is allowed max. tax free stuff worth 75k indian rupees and even for that i am a little weary of customs ..how they are going to process me at the airport if they tax me at my invoices then it is fine if they go by the msrp then i will be in for a shocker....so the plan was to get one oppo 983 ,one projector and maybe one avr across but if it is just slightly expensive or as you put it a proj for 36 k i might as well just travel light.... thanks.

i wish it was true all i could find was that if someone comes home after stay of over 5 yrs the family is allowed max. tax free stuff worth 75k indian rupees and even for that i am a little weary of customs ..how they are going to process me at the airport if they tax me at my invoices then it is fine if they go by the msrp then i will be in for a shocker....so the plan was to get one oppo 983 ,one projector and maybe one avr across but if it is just slightly expensive or as you put it a proj for 36 k i might as well just travel light.... thanks.

check again, because if you come on transfer of residence you are allowed to bring one of each item (fridge, tv, music system etc etc.) my cousin had moved back 2 years ago and there was no problems

Afj,

Any idea how your cousin managed the customs clearing process - through a clearing agent? Am assuming the stuff came separately via freight.

A friend has moved back and is in a similar situation.

Thanks
Persiflage

Afj,

Any idea how your cousin managed the customs clearing process - through a clearing agent? Am assuming the stuff came separately via freight.

A friend has moved back and is in a similar situation.

Thanks
Persiflage

he brought in a container. applied for t/r - transfer of residence. they stamp it in your passport etc. did it through a clearing agent. most clearing agents should be able to assist

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back