Hi Everyone!

sandeepmdas

I am a new member in this community. My name is Sandeep and I live in Varkala, south Kerala. I'm an avid Hollywood movie watcher with a keen interest in music of all kinds.

I have a dedicated HT room but the equipment I have is entry-level. My HT is currently consists of an Epson TW-650 1080P aimed at a 100" screen and the audio is handled by a simple Yamaha YAS 209 soundbar that came with a wireless subwoofer. I acquired these two as a bundled offer from Epson during the 2020 lockdown. Initially it was fed by a HP J5005 slim PC (with Intel 605 built-in GPU) but I built a dedicated media PC with an Nvidia 1030 graphics card as a replacement last month. The PC can accommodate 5 drives and I'm now using it as a media player-cum-server.

My next plan is to upgrade the audio. After that I may go for a 4K laser projector, God-willing. I'm not interested in TV.

There's no fixed timeframe for the upgrade route map depicted above as I am the only one in my nucleus family who's a movie buff. As many of you might have experienced, getting funds passed from "home department" is a very difficult and a tedious process.

Thats' it. Cheersl

I am a new member in this community. My name is Sandeep and I live in Varkala, south Kerala. I'm an avid Hollywood movie watcher with a keen interest in music of all kinds.

I have a dedicated HT room but the equipment I have is entry-level. My HT is currently consists of an Epson TW-650 1080P aimed at a 100" screen and the audio is handled by a simple Yamaha YAS 209 soundbar that came with a wireless subwoofer. I acquired these two as a bundled offer from Epson during the 2020 lockdown. Initially it was fed by a HP J5005 slim PC (with Intel 605 built-in GPU) but I built a dedicated media PC with an Nvidia 1030 graphics card as a replacement last month. The PC can accommodate 5 drives and I'm now using it as a media player-cum-server.

My next plan is to upgrade the audio. After that I may go for a 4K laser projector, God-willing. I'm not interested in TV.

There's no fixed timeframe for the upgrade route map depicted above as I am the only one in my nucleus family who's a movie buff. As many of you might have experienced, getting funds passed from "home department" is a very difficult and a tedious process.

Thats' it. Cheersl
Hi Sandeep, Welcome! Hope you find some answers to the challenging questions you face.

Thats' it. Cheersl

Hi,

Welcome to HFV.

I am sure you will find your experience here very enriching and enjoyable.

Make sure to visit the countless posts which is based on direct experience, technical knowledge and honest feedback.

Nice setup!

Hope you have a great journey here!

All the best!

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back