Hi Fi Speaker Stands in India

Stay away from stands like these for bookshelf speakers. Everything about that design is to be avoided.:mad:
Stands need to be sturdy with a heavy and firm base which rests on steel spikes. They need to be designed keeping audio in mind.
Stands like these will vibrate and resonate along with the speaker sitting on it and muddy the sound. The bass will be affected the most. The imaging will be all over the place.
You will need to stretch your budget to at least 6k to get some decent stands. The really good one will cost 15k and above.
If on a tight budget, go to some good websites like these:
Target HiFi Audio Video Racks, TV Stands, and Speaker Stands - Target
Speaker Stands
Now take printouts of these and give to some decent metal worker and get one made. Try and find some worker who has done these before.

Hi I am selling speaker stands, please check on ebay india website or send me a mail for specific requirement.([email protected])

Size and dimensions:Available in two sizes

1)WV 319
Height:33"
Top plate dimensions: 9.5" W x 11.5" D
Bottom plate dimensions:12" W x 13"D

2)WX 415
Height :24"
Top plate dimensions: 6.5" W x 6.5" D
Bottom plate dimensions: 11.5" W x 10" D

Usually prices below 4.5k made from wooden material, If ready to shell out some more bucks, MDI material can be used.Price is exclusive of shipping charges which may vary as our workshop is located in MUmbai.

What should I search for in ebay ?

Pscyhotropic,

Visit Jenefas, a leading manufacturer of wall mounts and brackets. They make speaker stands also. The model JJ-TSP will be suitable to your Wharfedale 9.1 (dimensions: 194x296x278 mm). The plate measures 30x30 cms and the basic height is 47 cms but it is expandable. You can increase the height up to 63 cms. The price for the pair Rs. 1900 (they told me Rs. 950 per piece)

Website: Jenefas&JenefasFor more information, contact them. Address is below:
26/6, Narasingapuram Street,
Near Ritche Street,
Mount Road,
Chennai-600 002. India.
Tel: 00 91 2841 8766, 00 91 4214 9551
Fax: 044-2851 0478
Email: [email protected]
Web: :: Welcome to Jenefas & Jenefas ::
Muthusami. S

hey muthusami,

looks like this site is more a spread-the-gospel site than a speaker stand site.

apart from that, the stands do not seem to be suited for use as speaker stands.

perhaps the extrapolation went like this " what is good to place 'THE BOOK' on, should be be good to keep speakers on, and these speakers shall spread the gospel, so let us not bother about niceties like the frequency extremes - if the speakers can reproduce the male voice of our best padre spreading the message, that should be good enough".

well, nothing much to say, except that people who make stands should focus on stands, and people who spread God's word should focus on spreading God's word:)

:: Jenefas & Jenefas Chennai India ::

Last edited:
I got a pair of Atacama Nexus 7i for Rs 8,000 using shopyourworld.com. These stands are rated high by WhatHifi and you can find a many independent reviews. The Soundstyle Z2 was also available for about the same price (they cost less but are heavier, hence higher shipping costs).

Shopyourworld.com had taken an extra 2000 for customs but had passed the stands as a low value item and didn't pay the customs any money. After hounding them for a month I got my money back.

The local Atacama dealer, Audio Planet, had quoted 10,500 for the Nexus 6i. If you want to a foreign branded stand, you must consider importing. The local dealers charge a huge markup. If you can get someone to gift it, you can skip the customs charges legally.

Last edited:
Tono systems stand looks pretty decent. I did get one (for bookshelfs). shipping and packing fine. I was looking for 22" height at the minimum, but nikhil said they dont have it. I opted for 20.5" and its pretty ok. With the speakers i cannot find much difference of my required height (22"). Option for filling (sand or lead shot) and separate path for the cables to be inserted looks good.
Simple to assemble. Easy setup with the details provided. Package arrived without any damage. Please note its VFM for the product. If you are tight on budget you can opt for this. I think it should not be compared with rack ranging above 8000Rs.
Again with offers for HFV members here, its a good price.

I got a pair of Atacama Nexus 7i for Rs 8,000 using shopyourworld.com. These stands are rated high by WhatHifi and you can find a many independent reviews. The Soundstyle Z2 was also available for about the same price (they cost less but are heavier, hence higher shipping costs).

Shopyourworld.com had taken an extra 2000 for customs but had passed the stands as a low value item and didn't pay the customs any money. After hounding them for a month I got my money back.

The local Atacama dealer, Audio Planet, had quoted 10,500 for the Nexus 6i. If you want to a foreign branded stand, you must consider importing. The local dealers charge a huge markup. If you can get someone to gift it, you can skip the customs charges legally.

how did you realise that they had passed the stands as a low value item ?

Hi everyone,
Can I slighlty modify th top portion of dvd tower racks like the one below and keep surround bookshelf speaker on top of these? Will be a multi utility cum stand.

eBay India: Atlantic Nestable 63712035 52 DVD/BluRay Games Tower... (item 270720886236 end time 15-Apr-2011 14:11:40 IST)

Also I found on ebay GEB the following height adjustable speaker stands. Can they be good as compared to fixed stands. To be used for surround bookshelf speakers.
Musician's Gear SMS-6000 Monitor Stand Buy 1 Get 1 Free (Rs. 8533)

Hi everyone,
Can I slighlty modify th top portion of dvd tower racks like the one below and keep surround bookshelf speaker on top of these? Will be a multi utility cum stand.

eBay India: Atlantic Nestable 63712035 52 DVD/BluRay Games Tower... (item 270720886236 end time 15-Apr-2011 14:11:40 IST)

Also I found on ebay GEB the following height adjustable speaker stands. Can they be good as compared to fixed stands. To be used for surround bookshelf speakers.
Musician's Gear SMS-6000 Monitor Stand Buy 1 Get 1 Free (Rs. 8533)

using the rack seems like a nice idea..but it is difficult to get something sturdy with right height...for instance, the one in the link is too high and too light..

As for the stand, check user reviews here: Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Musician's Gear SMS-6000 Monitor Stand Buy 1 Get 1 Free

^^ I'd recommend the soundfoundations stands highly. I'm using a pair for my book-shelves. They are built very well and finished very well. A lot of thought has obviously gone into their design.

^^ I'd recommend the soundfoundations stands highly. I'm using a pair for my book-shelves. They are built very well and finished very well. A lot of thought has obviously gone into their design.

How much did they cost you??
If possible post some pics.

ahh the Norstone range of racks and stands
the stands are way too light gauge though when i saw them on one of my trips to HK- i think they hardly weigh 5 kgs per stand with a fiddly 3mm thick base plate ( just over 10 kgs per pair)

Last edited:
Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back