Hi Fi Speaker Stands in India

Mohan

Hi Fi Speaker Stands in India

Can anyone recommend a good pair of Hi Fi Speaker Stands for bookshelf speakers?

Hi! Mohan & Vick,
If you want custom built spk stands then contact Mr. Murthy of Finesse: 080-25588077. He makes stands, racks for me on a custom order and they are damn good. Give him a call and mention my name. He takes time, but the product is great.

Rgds

Prithvi

Hi! Cyrus,

Mr. Murthy is churing out some amazing products & his workmanship is great. Sadly this is not his main business! I call him the Tool Man of India as he has a fantastic tool & hardware shop, the best in Bangalore.
Rgds

Prithvi

Hi Prithvi,

I am based in Assam.

How about a DVD rack with shelves for storing my DVD with their cases ?

I have an OTOBI (Bangladesh) CD Rack with six shelves made of laminated particle board, but as the shelf height is less (6"), DVD cases do not fit when kept upright on the shelves. I need an identical rack with shelf height of 8" for storing my DVDs. Can provide the drawing/pics etc to help Mr Murthy. The OTOBI rack is completely dismantleable for easy shipping.

I can ask my Bangalore based cousin to take delivery of the same.

Last edited:
Hi Prithvi,

I am based in Assam.

I have an OTOBI (Bangladesh) CD Rack with six shelves made of laminated particle board, but as the shelf height is less (6"), DVD cases do not fit when kept upright on the shelves. I need an identical rack with shelf height of 8" for storing my DVDs. Can provide the drawing/pics etc to help Mr Murthy. The OTOBI rack is completely dismantleable for easy shipping.

Have you checked with Mr. Murthy of Finesse: 080-25588077

Alternatively contact Prithvi of Absolute Phase.

Mother of all Speaker Stands from Finesse

Hi! Guys,

Mr. Murthy has made especially for Absolute Phase a ditto copy of the Target Stands that I need for my ProAc Responce 1sc Clients. This thing is laser cut and the stands weigh in excess of 45kgs each. Dont even think of lifting it urself.:eek: ITs a 2-3 man effort.:D

Each pillar is filled with a special sand that is dried completely and all the four pillars have different qtys of sand. Anyone wanting to spend more can replace this sand with a sand that has very minute granules, sadly that is priced at rs 35/kg and each stand takes over 20-25kgs. A further upgrade is to use lead shots, but again cost goes through the roof.

I will take a pic and post it shortly. The price per pair is Rs 22,000/- These wonderful stands made such a difference for my ProAcs that my clients could not believe that the sound of a bookshelf can change so much for the better when placed on the most rigid and heavy stands. These stands are on demo at Absolute Phase. (Sorry no home demo's):D

Rgds

Prithvi

Hi Prithvi,

I am based in Assam.

Check out www.slappa.com for dvd & cd cases. I sell them in india. If not then provide the drawings and I can ask murthy to make it.

Rgds

Prithvi

Pl check the attached image file.

No of Shelves=6 (Width(inner)=12",Depth=5",Thk=5/8")

Height between two shelves=6" (For CD)(I want shelf height of 8" for DVD cases. No of shelves may be reduced to maintain the height to 4'.

Screws=2 nos on each side of shelves no 1, 3 & 6 from top
+2 nos each for locking the 2 nos verticals panels (Height=47"XDepth=7 3/4"xThk=5/8") into base panel (Width=15 1/2"XDepth= 11 1/2"XThk=5/8"), which is mounted on rubber shoes to make total height of 48" (4')

Shelves are right angled, with two panels (L=12"XB=5XThk=5/8") equal to rack width (internal) screwed on at 90 degrees to make one right angled shelf.

Shelf no 2, 4 & 5 have wooden pins on both sides, which lock into matching holes in the two vertical panels.

Attachments

• Otobi CD Rack.jpg
    Otobi CD Rack.jpg
    1.4 KB · Views: 1,493
At this time availability of HiFi furniture (AV racks, speaker stands, etc) in India is spotty at best. Options would be to DIY or to get these things from abroad (i.e. Singapore or Malaysia) at almost half the price.

Any idea where I can get affordable stands in Chennai? And by affordable I mean under 5k for the pair.....Would use it to mount Wharfedale Diamond 9.1s probably.....

one more question...can all stands take all standmounts? or are there particular types of stands for particular speakers?

Hi Guys,

We have some speaker stands left over in stock which we had imported along with JM Labs and Sonus Faber speaker's.
Anyone looking at quality stands - send us an email.

Do you sell headphone stands ? or can you import one ?

Any idea where I can get affordable stands in Chennai? And by affordable I mean under 5k for the pair.....Would use it to mount Wharfedale Diamond 9.1s probably.....

one more question...can all stands take all standmounts? or are there particular types of stands for particular speakers?

Pscyhotropic,

Visit Jenefas, a leading manufacturer of wall mounts and brackets. They make speaker stands also. The model JJ-TSP will be suitable to your Wharfedale 9.1 (dimensions: 194x296x278 mm). The plate measures 30x30 cms and the basic height is 47 cms but it is expandable. You can increase the height up to 63 cms. The price for the pair Rs. 1900 (they told me Rs. 950 per piece)

For more information, contact them. Address is below:

26/6, Narasingapuram Street,
Near Ritche Street,
Mount Road,
Chennai-600 002. India.
Tel: 00 91 2841 8766, 00 91 4214 9551

Fax: 044-2851 0478

Email: [email protected]
Web: :: Welcome to Jenefas & Jenefas ::

I have not visited the shop or owned any stand from this company. My friend suggested and I am sharing the information.

Hope this will be useful to you.

Regards,
Muthusami. S

Last edited:
Wharfedale has a nice pair of glass-topped stands for bookshelves available from Designer Audio in Mumbai for around Rs 10K. Search the forums/net for Designer Audio contact info. If you're in Mumbai, it is at Basement 1, AC Market, Tardeo.

Pscyhotropic,

Visit Jenefas, a leading manufacturer of wall mounts and brackets. They make speaker stands also. The model JJ-TSP will be suitable to your Wharfedale 9.1 (dimensions: 194x296x278 mm). The plate measures 30x30 cms and the basic height is 47 cms but it is expandable. You can increase the height up to 63 cms. The price for the pair Rs. 1900 (they told me Rs. 950 per piece)

Hope this will be useful to you.

Regards,
Muthusami. S

I see very little contact with the floor surface in the diagram on their site. almost like they are on castor wheels. Any expert opinion on such a design?

TIA

I see very little contact with the floor surface in the diagram on their site. almost like they are on castor wheels. Any expert opinion on such a design?
TIA

Hi,

They are not on castor wheels. Moreover, the feet is slightly more than the plate dimension. I think there won't be any problem with the steadiness unless someone pushes them forcibly. These are my views only. Some senior members can provide expert opinion on the stands.

Regards,
Muthusami. S

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back