Hi hifi guys

drtrmd

Hi guys,:eek:;)
I was just browsing the net, as i wanted to setup a hometheater. accidentaly i landed in this forum, which is consider better than going to many showrooms andfinding out the details. Really i want to thank all the forum members for giving detailed information about hifi systems.
But i wanted to know few things
1. projector or lcd\plasma tv which is better
2. if projector dlp or lcd
3. fixed screen or retractable
4. AV receiver budget 1.5 lakhs
5. speakers which company 7.1 budget 3 lakhs
i think it is too much for today.
if anybody come forward to help me i will be thank ful
bye
tr

1. projector or lcd\plasma tv which is better [/B]

I would say if you looking at upto 50 inches, it is Plasma, then LCD, then a Projector. If you are looking at beyond 50 inches, Plasmas and LCDs become very expensive. A projector is always better for those sizes.

A DLP projector has advanced technology and is preferable over a LCD projector. Action and colors are rendered better by a DLP projector. Optoma makes excellent DLP projectors. Other good manufacturers are InFocus, Epson, Sanyo, and NEC.

This is subjective and a lot has to do with the way you do your interiors. But, a fixed screen is always better as it will have lesser disturbances on the screen surface. At the same time there are very good retractable screens available.

A good budget and there are very good models available for this price. If your preference is for movies look for models from Yamaha, Onkyo, Denon. If you like music also look for models from Marantz, Cambridge Audio, NAD. In the Onkyo range, please stick to the upper models.

Again there are vast choices available. You can configure 7.1 from companies such as Wharfedale, Mordaunt Short, B&W, PSB, Dali, Mission, Dynaudio, Polk, Definitive Technology, Klipsch, etc.

Depending upon the kind of music you listen to and how you like to see you movies, we can narrow down some brands and models.

Cheers

Hi guys,:eek:;)
I was just browsing the net, as i wanted to setup a hometheater. accidentaly i landed in this forum, which is consider better than going to many showrooms andfinding out the details. Really i want to thank all the forum members for giving detailed information about hifi systems.
But i wanted to know few things
1. projector or lcd\plasma tv which is better
i think it is too much for today.
if anybody come forward to help me i will be thank ful
bye
tr

my 2 cents...guess, you missed out a couple of points

6. Source - DVD /Blu Ray players - Denon, Oppo, Pioneer...Panasonic seems to have come up with a good Blu ray player.

7. Cables - speaker cables and Interconnects - Straightwire, Monster,VDH, Audience, to name a few..

Venkat's suggestion seems more than comprehensive for 1 to 5

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back