Hi to All - First Question

amit.ishu

Hi to all champs,

I am Amit and new to this community. Some days ago I was planning to buy either sony ht iv-300 or yamaha yht-196 because budget was max 25K.

Finally I bought iv-300 because YHT-196 has low bass and less features like bluetooth,usb....

After 2-3 yrs when budget allow I will go with either Yamaha/Onkyo.

So my first question here : How can I set dolby digital plus and/or dolby truehd sound in sont ht iv-300 while watching movie. system spec shows me it has both features.

hi amit,

to get dtsHD/trueHD, u need a disc which has following decoding i.e bluray disc or media in PC,

then check setting in player/amp if its set to play direct audio decoding from source.
:)

hi amit,

to get dtsHD/trueHD, u need a disc which has following decoding i.e bluray disc or media in PC,

then check setting in player/amp if its set to play direct audio decoding from source.
:)

Thanks Sameuun,

on star movies hd or other hd channels (using Vediocon D2H) for some movies or serial , it shows me Dolby Digital Plus on TV screen's left bottom corner, but I do not know how to set this sound on my home theater. I was hopping that if someone using Sony HT IV-300 and already know this setting ???

Thanks Sameuun,

on star movies hd or other hd channels (using Vediocon D2H) for some movies or serial , it shows me Dolby Digital Plus on TV screen's left bottom corner, but I do not know how to set this sound on my home theater. I was hopping that if someone using Sony HT IV-300 and already know this setting ???
Therez a limitation with current all STB that they dont have dtshd/trueHD even if u watching HD channels

Max u will get dolby plus which I think u getting now

And for HD audio passthrough i already mention u neeed bluray disc/ bluray iso if at all u playing through pc

Therez a limitation with current all STB that they dont have dtshd/trueHD even if u watching HD channels

Max u will get dolby plus which I think u getting now

And for HD audio passthrough i already mention u neeed bluray disc/ bluray iso if at all u playing through pc

Ok thanks bro...

Need your advice on Onkyo HT-3500, I am planning to buy it in near future and my budget is around 30-35K. Can you please suggest me a better option than this Onkyo HT-3500. My requirement is watching movies only and no matter If I put sound on high end, it should be soft and smooth and bass should be felt on chest not on ear.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back