Hi to all.... Need Help... Hi Fi system

stranger26

Need Help Guys...HI FI system

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi All...
I m excited to buy new hi fi system below 15 K of Sony. I ve shortlisted two models DHC-AZ33D and MHC-GZR5D. Plsssssss Suggest me which one is the best as I got only these two models available at my place Kurnool, AP.

Thank u guys...

Hello Stranger. Welcome to HiFi Vision.

The DHC-AZ33D is more tuned for music and has an advanced tape drive. The DHC-AZ33D has better features, including progressive scanning, for rendering of video. They both have similar DAC and the power output is also roughly the same. Don't get confused by PMPO rating.

If you are leaning more towards music, the DHC-AZ33D will work or you. If you are also interested in watching a few movies, go for the DHC-AZ33D.

I am enclosing a PDF containing the point by point comparison as shown in the Sony web site.

Cheers

Attachments

• Sony_Product Comparison _ Mini H...pdf
    82.2 KB · Views: 56
Thanks a ton Mr. Venkat...
I read in some of the reviews that Music and sound is better in MHC-GZR5D than DHC-AZ33D. What do u think about this.

Also in other review some one said, Sony is just supplying front speakers of DHC-AZ55D for the model AZ33D due to which the latter model is not producing complete sound as what others do. Is it right..?

Pls advise me....:)

I read in some of the reviews that Music and sound is better in MHC-GZR5D than DHC-AZ33D. What do u think about this.

I have heard neither of the systems, so I cannot comment. I do have a old Sony system - an MHC-GX 2000 which I bought for my son when he was in high school. I use it in my bedroom to power my Worldspace. My wife finds the sound 'very nice'. My opinion will be incorrect, as I am looking for sound at a completely different plane. But I do listen to the Sony for hours, particularly when I am in bed. I must say I have enjoyed many old Hindi film songs on the Sony system.

You really have to personally listen to both systems with the same CDs to decide which one you like. Reviews and what I say will all go only to a certain level. After that it is your ears that have to decide. Irrespective of what others say, you have to buy what your ears like. When you go to hear these systems, please carry your own CDs having songs that you are familiar with.

Also in other review some one said, Sony is just supplying front speakers of DHC-AZ55D for the model AZ33D due to which the latter model is not producing complete sound as what others do. Is it right..?

Stranger, both these models are what are called 2-in-systems. You will mostly get two speakers, and that too ones matched by the manufacturer. The dealer will not allow you to mix and match the system with speakers from other systems.

If the MHC-GZR5D sounds better (according to reviews), has a upscaling DVD player to boot, then what are you waiting for? It also comes with 5 speakers and will give you an entry level HT system.

If you are looking at mixing and matching amplifiers and speakers, you are looking at budgets of 50,000 and above. So my advise is go to the shop, listen to both the systems, and pick the one your ears like.

Cheers

Hi Venkat,
I have purchased MHC-GZR5D as I liked the sound compared to other model AZ33D.

Need one more favour from u, I've placed music system at my bedroom where my computer system has placed. Now i want to connect music system directly to ViewSonic LCD Monitor as input from music system with some interface / converter instead of using tuner card via cpu. I mean is there any converter to make monitor as TV with digital input port.

Pls help me.:eek:

I have purchased MHC-GZR5D as I liked the sound compared to other model AZ33D........

I mean is there any converter to make monitor as TV with digital input port.

Well Stranger, Congratulations on your purchase.

I don't know what connectors are available on your Sony and Viewsonic. So I will make some assumptions.

• That the Sony has Composite Out. Check at the back and see if there are three RCA sockets with the colors Yellow, White, and Red. They should also be marked 'Out'.
  • That your Viewsonic has a 15-pin mini D-sub called VGA socket only.

What you have to do is to get a composite to VGA converter. This will look like this:

Portable, simple Video to VGA converter, converts composite video and S-Video to VGA

This may not be available in Kurnool. You may have to go to Hyderabad or Ritchie Street in Chennai. If you know a small general purpose electronics shop, check with them. They may be able to get it for you from some other city.

Cheers

Hi I really need a help. I want to purchase a Hi-Fi system to do Vocal recoding by mixing my voice from the Mike and the soundtrack(karaoke) from CD. I preferred to record this to a memory stick. Dose Sony MHC-GZR5D provides this facility. Please help me.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back