Hiding TV Unit control switches behind wall mounted TV

Ranadheer

Hi,

I'm renovating my hall interiors and want to see no cables or electrical switches on the TV unit. Attaching the image of TV Unit I'm going to have.

The setup box, blu ray player, x-box, voltage stabilizer, AV receiver, etc will be in box-type cupboard below the TV unit. I will have cabling done behind the wood panel from TV to these devices. So, cables will be hidden. I'll have six electrical sockets in the box for all the devices so sockets also can be hidden. Now comes the electrical switches for these sockets so that I can on/off them as needed. I can't have control switches for the sockets inside the box as it will be very difficult to on/off the switches if it is inside the box. So, I'm thinking of having just the switches on the wood panel behind the TV to hide them. I'm not sure how much gap should be between the wood panel and TV to allow the hand movement and let me on/off the switches. Having these switches right behind the TV from one of its side edges might let me control the switches somewhat easily but it might also make the switches visible form outside. If the switches are as much behind the TV as possible then there is less chance of being visible from outside.

I thought of some flexible wall mounts which can let me push the TV unit back/forth easily but haven't come across any such wall mounts in India.

So, looking for your suggestions on how to hide the electrical switches and at the same time easy to operate.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG-20161107-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20161107-WA0005.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 79
One point, having box type cupboard units which houses electronics is not a good idea. I agree it will look nice, however, the heat generated could create havoc with your devices.

I fail to see the purpose of such elaboration. If tastefully done, all the electronics can look elegant with some simple cable management techniques. Cable holders etc is easily available, go through google. Saves cost on such a concept too.

I am not being critical but any changes to your set up will make the whole process very difficult.

There are plenty of threads here where people have done their HT setup quite tastefully. Have a look and learn.

At the end of the day, it is your call. :)

Hi,

I'm renovating my hall interiors and want to see no cables or electrical switches on the TV unit. Attaching the image of TV Unit I'm going to have.

The setup box, blu ray player, x-box, voltage stabilizer, AV receiver, etc will be in box-type cupboard below the TV unit. I will have cabling done behind the wood panel from TV to these devices. So, cables will be hidden. I'll have six electrical sockets in the box for all the devices so sockets also can be hidden. Now comes the electrical switches for these sockets so that I can on/off them as needed. I can't have control switches for the sockets inside the box as it will be very difficult to on/off the switches if it is inside the box. So, I'm thinking of having just the switches on the wood panel behind the TV to hide them. I'm not sure how much gap should be between the wood panel and TV to allow the hand movement and let me on/off the switches. Having these switches right behind the TV from one of its side edges might let me control the switches somewhat easily but it might also make the switches visible form outside. If the switches are as much behind the TV as possible then there is less chance of being visible from outside.

I thought of some flexible wall mounts which can let me push the TV unit back/forth easily but haven't come across any such wall mounts in India.

So, looking for your suggestions on how to hide the electrical switches and at the same time easy to operate.

Thanks in advance.
My 2 cents from experience.: leave enough space between wall nd the cabin so that cables can be bend easily without straining them at jacks. I meant, hdmi cables if sheilded well may not be flexible too much. Moreover, if you are a stereo person, stay away from any asymmetrical shaped stands, so that you have one less thing which could disturb the imaging. Also, av equipments need lot of breathing space.

Sent from my tolino tab 8 using Tapatalk

True that you should not house electronics in a closed box.

What and where are your speakers? Try to have them away from the wall especially for music.
Depending upon that, you could have the TV mounted on a separate box and have the switches on the side.
See my bedroom setup.
iqaqg6.jpg

2h5mdzm.jpg

In my living room I have the switches behind a shutter.
http://www.hifivision.com/my-audio-video-setup/49464-my-living-room-av-set-up-now-done.html

HDMI cables can be used with 90 deg connectors like these. Various types are available with right bend, left bend, etc

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back