HiFi Amp with digital input

one more thing. This won't help with your worldspace, but you can replace your DVD player for sure, why don't you swap out the sound card you have on your comp with something like an Asus Xonar card? that comes in with some reasonably good DACs as far as i have read, and then you can hook it straight to a regular amplifier.

Most of the time I listen to worldspace. So PC sound card and disc players are least priority, even I need to think of them to connect.

I have decided to go for a analogue input amp(very good quality) and speakers now. DAC will follow later.

I think Harman is very good
It's 30 K amp has optical & co axial inputs ,remote and tuner and REAL 120 watts.
also it is of very few 2 channel amps with TWO subwoofer out!
I think good amp @ 30 K and also hassle of procuring the dac

Pachtree Nova - @ 1219 US $ i think too high for many budgets.:eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:

Anyway please do not claim like " 2 channel amps DO NOT have digital i/p"
I've seen 15-20 year old Denon with digital inputs! Also some falgship pioneers also had it!!

Its a T-Amp based on the TA2022 tripath chip. This is the high powered version of the tripath (60W@8 ohms, 90W@4 ohms). The seller seems to have included a HDAM based preamp module (I'm working on a similar thing for the output stage of a dac).

Please keep us posted on your project. What kind of DAC are you working on?

I think Harman is very good
It's 30 K amp has optical & co axial inputs ,remote and tuner and REAL 120 watts.
also it is of very few 2 channel amps with TWO subwoofer out!
I think good amp @ 30 K and also hassle of procuring the dac

Pachtree Nova - @ 1219 US $ i think too high for many budgets.:eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:

Anyway please do not claim like " 2 channel amps DO NOT have digital i/p"
I've seen 15-20 year old Denon with digital inputs! Also some falgship pioneers also had it!!

Which is the cheapest place to buy Harman in India? Even grey market is okey.

what u need is a DAC that takes digital inputs from various sources and feeds the amp.

No hi-fi amp has a digital input. Only AV amps have them. But those digital signals are different. They are DD, DTS, etc (5.1) audio multiplexed into one digital signal. This digital signal is different from a 2-channel digital signal.

But a Cambridge DacMagic for 20K (?!) and any amp and your problem will be solved.

hoi khk -
why in multiple forums you claim that "No hi-fi amp has a digital input."???
As I made it clear there are few 2 channel amps which boasts digital inputs!

I am saying as making such motherhood statements may confuse end user..

I have checked
RXV463 yamaha
its got 3 digital inputs.
any expert to tell me what sound quality difference between (roughly)
yamaha RXV463 and Harman Kardon HK 3490 , which is much expensive than the former?

I know the Yamha is an AVR. And Harman is a dedicated amp.

hoi khk -
why in multiple forums you claim that "No hi-fi amp has a digital input."???
As I made it clear there are few 2 channel amps which boasts digital inputs!

I am saying as making such motherhood statements may confuse end user..

my mistake hemant! i forgot about this breed of digital amplifiers. bel canto came close to make a good 'digital amp' several years back, and since then most of the high-end amp manufacturers have realised that amplification is better in the analogue than the digital domain. Also these amps are exotically expensive. Definitely not for most Indians who are beginning their hifi journey. So it is totally out of my mind.

Now if u tell me there are amps out there with digital inputs and the conversion happening in the first stage, then it will be a big shock to me :)

KHK,
The thread is not about Class D amp. Its about analogue amps which have a built in DAC as well to take in digital as well as analogue input.

KHK,
The thread is not about Class D amp. Its about analogue amps which have a built in DAC as well to take in digital as well as analogue input.

Can u pls give an example gopi?

At least the Onkyo amps A-9755 and A-9555 seem to be Class D to me.

Am I missing something?

KHK,
I have Peachtree Audio Nova - This has a ESS Sabre DAC built into it. It has a tube pre and then a power amp section (I am not sure if this power amp section is using a chip amp or not). As per my understanding the thread was to enquire for integerated amps which has a DAC as well so that a DVD player or CD player with optical/toslink output or a computer can be connected to this amp to do the DA conversion first and then go about functioning as a regular integerated amp. another example is Musical Fidelity A5.5 . This is an integerated amp that can take USB input as well. So, it will perform the additional functionality of the DA conversion for this USB input.
In case of Bel Canto , the amplification is through chip amps I suppose. But they also have a model called as S300iu, which comes with a DAC inside for USB input. You can also get S300i with an optical input.

KHK,
I have Peachtree Audio Nova - This has a ESS Sabre DAC built into it. It has a tube pre and then a power amp section (I am not sure if this power amp section is using a chip amp or not). As per my understanding the thread was to enquire for integerated amps which has a DAC as well so that a DVD player or CD player with optical/toslink output or a computer can be connected to this amp to do the DA conversion first and then go about functioning as a regular integerated amp. another example is Musical Fidelity A5.5 . This is an integerated amp that can take USB input as well. So, it will perform the additional functionality of the DA conversion for this USB input.
In case of Bel Canto , the amplification is through chip amps I suppose. But they also have a model called as S300iu, which comes with a DAC inside for USB input. You can also get S300i with an optical input.

It is very good amp gopi but @ 1200+ US $ it is not at all in the laegue of 30 K Rs amps!!!

hemant,
my reply was for KHK.
But I would strongly suggest that you get a 2 channel amp + dac. Lots of options and you can get one that you like rather than buying something just because of this option. Around 30k, my suggestion would be NAD326bee + Beresford 7520. If possible with a slightly better budget MF Vdac. Amp choice will depend on the speaker as well.

hemant,
my reply was for KHK.
But I would strongly suggest that you get a 2 channel amp + dac. Lots of options and you can get one that you like rather than buying something just because of this option. Around 30k, my suggestion would be NAD326bee + Beresford 7520. If possible with a slightly better budget MF Vdac. Amp choice will depend on the speaker as well.

Hi gopi,
now tell me, My ultimate aim is to listen music in high fidelity in a medium/small room. Assume I have digital source, then what are the amp+speaker (without sub) for me? both (30 - 50K).

And Is Delhi is the best place in India to buy an audio system? if yes, which place ?

thx gopi,

had not heard of Peachtree Audio Nova. MF A5.5 having a USB input is indeed a shock.

Confused between onkyo htib 6200 and 990

i want to buy htib of onkyo and i am confused between 6200 and 990 can omeone enlighten me

Back