Hifi setup options

madmax1105

Hello!

I am trying to do a new setup and would welcome suggestions.

Budget: 2.5lacs
A clean setup for music only (100% streaming via Spotify premium, soundcloud, youtube etc. mainly listening to jazz, live and regular hindi music), no TV / movies. Something that looks good with minimum wires (although the ceiling has speaker wires installed by the electricians, so if that can be used, that is an option as well).
Room size: 12 x 24

If there are any suggestions of someone who offers in-home installation in Jabalpur, MP that would be very helpful.

Many thanks!

Hello!

I am trying to do a new setup and would welcome suggestions.

Budget: 2.5lacs
A clean setup for music only (100% streaming via Spotify premium, soundcloud, youtube etc. mainly listening to jazz, live and regular hindi music), no TV / movies. Something that looks good with minimum wires (although the ceiling has speaker wires installed by the electricians, so if that can be used, that is an option as well).
Room size: 12 x 24

If there are any suggestions of someone who offers in-home installation in Jabalpur, MP that would be very helpful.

Many thanks!
Hi great to hear for ur hunt for stereo setup.
I have one suggestion for speakers which is very good for music n many in this forum audition impressed n bought them n now they r very happy listening to it.
Indiqaudio Indian brand their platinum achal is the best doing signature n very well balanced with shifting the details of sound . U get this audition in Bangalore n talk to mr Amit ouwner n designer .
U can get this customise laminates as per ur interior .
This have 15days return policy try at home n see if u like keep else return n money return only transfer changers deducted y don’t u try this n see rather blindly buying well known brands with reviews r demo with better treated acoustics because same will not sound at ur place n can’t return n should be compromised for it .
U also have option of upgrade their new buy paying only extra keeping ur old product at same price what u bought with 1 a year . Don’t u feeling great offer for end user .
Better talk talk to mr Amit a true gentle man support n explain very patiently.
Platinum achal towers with their platinum saptak power amp will sound as live in front of u.

You can consider going for a dedicated streamer and standalone amplifier as streaming is your preferred source. Please search for reviews on the forum for Cambridge Audio CXN V2, Yamaha WXC-50 and Audiolab 6000N. You will get sufficient feedback on their pros and cons in the forum posts. Another option will be to look for Amplifier + Streamer like Marantz NR1200.

Thanks a lot; would you know if can connect 3 paris of wall mounters or only 2; something like 3 pairs of Dali Oberon On-Wall

You have mentioned music, hence I assumed that you are looking at stereo setups.

All the suggestions so far (from me and others) have been for 2 channel equipment.
The Marantz PM7000N is a stereo amp. You can only connect 1 pair of speakers.

If you buy an AVR, you can have a 5.1 configuration for movies.

Your floor plan is a little confusin, because it does not indicate the seating area.
The ideal arrangement for music, is a seating are facing 1 pair of stereo speakers.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
You have mentioned music, hence I assumed that you are looking at stereo setups.

All the suggestions so far (from me and others) have been for 2 channel equipment.
The Marantz PM7000N is a stereo amp. You can only connect 1 pair of speakers.

If you buy an AVR, you can have a 5.1 configuration for movies.

Your floor plan is a little confusin, because it does not indicate the seating area.
The ideal arrangement for music, is a seating are facing 1 pair of stereo speakers.

Hope that helps.
Sorry for the confusion; what i was thinking was multi-channel stereo using 3 paris of wall mounted speaker.
There are 3 sitting positions so difficult to say 1 dedicated listening position.

Sorry for the confusion; what i was thinking was multi-channel stereo using 3 paris of wall mounted speaker.
There are 3 sitting positions so difficult to say 1 dedicated listening position.

Not my area of expertise.

An AVR will need to be configured as 5.1

Maybe someone else can advise.

Not a great way to position speakers.
From a purist listening perspective, and considering your sources of music, Marantz PM7000N would be ideal.

If your primary use is Music, Go for Stereo. Multi channel AVRs suck at music.

One suggestion would be Blusound Node 2i+ Indiq Saptak Power Amp+Indiq Platinum Achal FS.

Marantz 7 series mentioned by other FMs is also pretty good, so will be Audiolab 6000. . Other FS to consider would be QA 3050, Elac 6.2 etc. Wharfedale Lintons would also be excellent choice.

Please go and audition as many as you can, Let your ears decide.

If your primary use is Music, Go for Stereo. Multi channel AVRs suck at music.

One suggestion would be Blusound Node 2i+ Indiq Saptak Power Amp+Indiq Platinum Achal FS.

Marantz 7 series mentioned by other FMs is also pretty good, so will be Audiolab 6000. . Other FS to consider would be QA 3050, Elac 6.2 etc. Wharfedale Lintons would also be excellent choice.

Please go and audition as many as you can, Let your ears decide.
Thanks a lot, great points.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back