hifi setup

Hi everyone,
I forgot to mention one thing at ARN, this ALI is such a nice guy he always welcomes me with a big smile on face, ready to change any speakers,any amp, any cables and he does that always with a smiling face. I have never come across a guy like him in the audio world. My HATS off to you ALI.
wish you all best ALI,
with regards,
nanda kumar

Hi Nandakumar
Given what ROC mentioned about your tastes and what you didnt like, did you try the X-718 Usher and the Odyssey floorstander? They probably have more of the sonic signature that you are looking for. For your tastes, you might also want to get a tube in the chain somewhere..
I am back in town next week and can put up a system for you that you may like better...

cheers

Hi reignofchaos,
Thanks for spending your precious time with me and understanding the type of music i listen and my requirements for a setup. It is not that i dont require a setup with perfect accuracy but with my budget and my cd's i might not get one. According to my knowledge the cd's what i have are the best in the market and i dont use any copied or any stuff like but only original cd's.
When I demo'ed your main setup of Usher be-718+McCormack+Lyrita, I felt it was technically good and i was revealling all the instruments and all the flaws in cd's but the point is, it was too bright or rather too forward for me or other for the type of music i listen. In other words it was on the face to me. My music requires a setup which is not bright or forward but a bit laid back and at the same i dont want to loose accuracy or tonal balance and so on.
But when I listen to jamo and musicial fedility setup it felt is was more relaxing, soft and soothing to my ears and it suited the music well.
As reignofchaos siad i dont fall into catogery of classicial entirely but some thing what it is called as fusion or easy listening and so on.
I had an ae evo 3 paired with marantz 7200 amp and an entirely level marantz 5001cdp. I have sold my evo 3 and cdp. The distributor in mumbai has one last pair Quad 22l is and it is priced at 60K. The jamo D590 is still in production and definetly it is not the speakers i like, but the discounted model D450 i feel it suits me and he has got a demo peice where he is given me discount of 35% and it amounts to 90k (after discount).and i also want to listen RS6.
You are definetly very true as their are some people with unquie requirements who may not like a setup which is most acccurate and most revealing setup with good price but he might like the most coloured and very little revealing setup and that is how people are and ears . This is the reason why their are thousands of speakers, amps and cd's and lakhs of combination. After all music is something which is not true but artificual not only in a setup but even in real . (THIS STATMENT IS ENTIRELY MY OWN)

Hi reignofchaos,
You are definetly very true as their are some people with unquie requirements who may not like a setup which is most acccurate and most revealing setup with good price but he might like the most coloured and very little revealing setup and that is how people are and ears . This is the reason why their are thousands of speakers, amps and cd's and lakhs of combination. After all music is something which is not true but artificual not only in a setup but even in real . (THIS STATMENT IS ENTIRELY MY OWN)

Hi Nandkumar,
Lots of AV gear is VOICED, COLOURED or whatever one chooses to call it.
Lots of guys prefer the music to sound smooth and not brutally honest. Not everyone will like a neutral sound so u should ONLY go with what u find makes ur music enjoyable to your ears without really bothering about too much else.
If i recall correctly u had shortlisted the 7001 SACD player which is good. If u are set on the quads(presume u have heard them) why not try a Musical Fidelity amp? IMO this combo should deliver sound to ur taste.
Regards

Last edited:
Hi dinyaar,
Your statment is very true and uncloured.
Again i feel in the setup, AGE playes a very important role. I think we all have missed this particular point. I am a middle aged man (46) and what i would have liked now, I would not have liked at 25. What detailing i would have got at 25 and i may not be getting it at 46. What I want to convey is, at 25 I would have liked some thing which is more reveiling, more sharp , might be more forward and as age passes by I like some thing which soft, pleasent and might be a bit unrevealing.
Yes dinyaar, I have short listed sacd 7001 and you also advised go in for ki series in this, and i will definetly buy thing once i am clear with my speakers and amp. I wanted to pick up some amps from us but because of the voltage I dropped that idea and I selected audioquest cv-4 speaker cable and audioquest daimond back interconnect and i also have xlo interconnect with me.
I have not yet finalised the speakers still but once i listen to rs6 i will do it and i have no change of listening to quad in bangalore and their is no dealer in b'lore who can can even show a photo of quads. AAAAA musicial fedility is highly priced and it is around 2 lakhs.

Hi dinyaar,
Your statment is very true and uncloured.
Again i feel in the setup, AGE playes a very important role. I think we all have missed this particular point. I am a middle aged man (46) and what i would have liked now, I would not have liked at 25. What detailing i would have got at 25 and i may not be getting it at 46. What I want to convey is, at 25 I would have liked some thing which is more reveiling, more sharp , might be more forward and as age passes by I like some thing which soft, pleasent and might be a bit unrevealing.
Yes dinyaar, I have short listed sacd 7001 and you also advised go in for ki series in this, and i will definetly buy thing once i am clear with my speakers and amp. I wanted to pick up some amps from us but because of the voltage I dropped that idea and I selected audioquest cv-4 speaker cable and audioquest daimond back interconnect and i also have xlo interconnect with me.
I have not yet finalised the speakers still but once i listen to rs6 i will do it and i have no change of listening to quad in bangalore and their is no dealer in b'lore who can can even show a photo of quads. AAAAA musicial fedility is highly priced and it is around 2 lakhs.

Hi again,
Fair enough. Whatever the reason u have to be happy with the sound. I dont know if u really want an UN revealing set up. Maybe what u heard had the trebles a little too forward in the mix and u found it harsh. I am only assuming.
2L for a MF integrated is too high IMO. Check if they still have the A5 with the Audio People.
RS6 is a decent FS and appeals to most people. Please do not buy the Quads without hearing them. Am sure someone in bglore will have them and u can request an audition.
Yes i do feel the 7001KI player is good and am confident will work for u. Problem is you dont get it anymore and buying a used cdp i am a little jittery unless i know the seller.
Regards

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back