138 KB · Views: 45
  • 20230926_142610.jpg
    20230926_142610.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 45
  • 20230926_142617.jpg
    20230926_142617.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 44
I would suggest the following:

1. Never upgrade unless you know what you want better in your existing setup, eg: More Bass, More treble, same treble but better resolution & clarify, more lively sound, etc.

2. To answer the above, visit friends n other audiophiles who will let you listen to their setups. LISTEN to their setups, and don't be influenced by their price, looks of the high praise that the owner showers on his setup.

You may like, maybe 1 out of 10 that you visit That is OK. Everyone listens differently. You need to find what floats your boat.

3. Visit dealer show rooms and ask to listen to setups priced 2x to 3x the price of your setup. What if any aspect of these more expensive systems Really impressed you.

Now seek to introduce that aspect of the sound in your system, through an upgrade of one or 2 components.

Upgrading needs time & effort to ensure that you don't waste your money, but it can also be a lot of fun

@hindwarrior2409 - as @IndianEars mentioned you first need to know what you want to upgrade or we can all go crazy out here. :p
I would suggest - first single out pieces you want to upgrade, how much you are willing to spend and then what you are expecting from your new pieces.

For example -
If amplification is what you want to upgrade then what are you looking for? A single unit instead of separates, more power, more connectivity options?
If Source/network player is what you want to upgrade then do you want a single unit DAC + Streamer or separates or a Roon capable device?
Do you want an AIO box with power, source, dac all built in?
Are you looking for a different SQ - maybe a different sound - then maybe speakers is what you are looking for?

Indianears' suggestions above are great.

A budget, your sound preference will help FMs here guide you better :) Hope to get more details from you.

BUT..BUT... BUT.
But if you just want suggestions :) Then let me shoot an arrow in the dark - get a sub :)
Cheers!

@hindwarrior2409 , you can come home and experience my setup and then know what is it your craving for?

HiFi Rig 1: Nad D3020 + Nuprime Omnia + ASI Liveline Reference IC + Sony APM 717

HiFi Rig 2: Cyrus 6 Dac + Nuprime Omnia + ASI Liveline power cable + ASI Liveline Reference IC + Townsend Isolda + Totem Rainmaker + Q Acoustics QB12 Subwoofer

Tv - Samsung QLED8k/65

I will also suggest you to add a sub. A perfectly calibrated sub will do wonders to your system. What is your room size?
You can also spend some money on acoustics if possible. That will bring a good difference positively on your system.

Though expensive and you probably might not have given thought to this direction, I would recommend this below to hear the true potential of your system.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back