What might be the solution for my streaming upgrade?

cupholder9

HNY to all, first time poster here and looking for some suggestions on how I might best to upgrade my system.

Here's some details of my current setup:
  • iPhone 14 Pro using Spotify (audio quality set to very high), so Bluetooth 5.3, using the Bluetooth to connec to:
  • Auris BluMe HD Long Range Bluetooth 5.0 Music Receiver Hi-Fi Wireless Audio Adapter with Audiophile DAC & aptX HD, using the Optical cable to connect to:
  • Marantz PM6006 which connects to:
  • B&W DM602 S2 (front speakers, one L one R)
  • B&W 607 S2 (anni edition) (rear spearkers, one L one R)
FYI - Marantz amp has loudness button active with the Bass knob with a negative quarter turn (Tremble knob left at default), I realise some might not agree with this but I like the warmer sound from the bass.

Also, I mainly listen to Progressive House/Techno.

I guess by top end idea/price would be switching out the Auris BluMe DAC for a Campbridge MXN10, which would cost £450, worthwhile, or any possible cheaper solutions?

Been waiting on Spotify Hi-Fi but TBH unsure if it would improve anything in my setup, what are your thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
HNY to all, first time poster here and looking for some suggestions on how I might best to upgrade my system.

• iPhone 14 Pro using Spotify (audio quality set to very high), so Bluetooth 5.3, using the Bluetooth to connec to:
  • Auris BluMe HD Long Range Bluetooth 5.0 Music Receiver Hi-Fi Wireless Audio Adapter with Audiophile DAC & aptX HD, using the Optical cable to connect to:
FYI - Marantz amp has loudness button active with the Bass knob with a negative quarter turn (Tremble knob left at default), I realise some might not agree with this but I like the warmer sound from the bass.

I guess by top end idea/price would be switching out the Auris BluMe DAC for a Campbridge MXN10, which would cost £450, worthwhile, or any possible cheaper solutions?

Been waiting on Spotify Hi-Fi but TBH unsure if it would improve anything in my setup, what are your thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance.
Or maybe the Marantz NR1200 since this would then stream rather that BT, correct?

Thanks in advance.

PM6006 has got 2 optical and one coax input. So you may consider adding either a WiiM mini through optical or WiiM Pro or ifi Zen streamer through coax to PM6006.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back