Hifivision - Hall of Fame!

svenkateshsmart

Dear Friends,

I am very hesitant to open a new thread! However, I thought a thread solely for appreciating our forum members is much needed! So, I welcome members to post their appreciation about other members in this thread.

As a starter of this thread, I will start with Venkatcr. Recently I have been pretty much active and purposely avoiding the threads containing queries with the last post by Venkatcr. He explains everything in detail including technicalities, practical difficulties, leaving no room for us to do anything:clapping:.

I am adding another feather to his crown; too young or too immature to appreciate him!

Great going, "The Boss of HFV."

Cheers!

I second to "Venkatcr".

However my appreciation also goes to "Mr.Smartspender" who made my sound part of HT setup live which i could not do for past few years.

Also thanks to "Santhosh" to intiated me to try an fake HT setup in my living room and thanks to "teky" to start my next innings in gaming.

aren't there already quite a few such 'love-in' style threads? Do we really need one more? I know I sound like a crotchety old man, but that was my instinctive reaction so I posted it. No offence meant.

Defence is created when there is an expected offence / When offence is intiated when there is no defence it is an violence... To make this thread out of tread let qualified people jump in..:D

Let the laws tackles it..:licklips:

No offence physco,,, no thread is out here interesting for the past few weeks:)

Last edited:
hi

I am soon going to start a thread of Hifi Gurus that will help other members of fourm.

Those who are eigible to this supposed Hall of fame can join that group.

details awaited.

Psycho is right, Venkat didnt you start a similar thread before?

Hi,

I am not sure whether I have created a thread for the same purpose. Please feel free to point it out.

Regardless, if you feel this thread is unnecessary, you can go ahead and delete the same thread.

Honestly, I feel quite dismayed and surprised that it attracted mods attention. There are hundred of threads created on exactly the same topic which is not taken care of. Even I have seen only once or twice where a discussion part of a different thread was made into a separate one and the other time it was merged.

No commotion friends, pls refrain from posting in this thread and let us close this thread and move on. I will henceforth make a post only if I have anything related to Hifi or AV.

auf wiedersehen!

Thanks & Cheers!

There are hundred of threads created on exactly the same topic which is not taken care of. Even I have seen only once or twice where a discussion part of a different thread was made into a separate one and the other time it was merged.

No commotion friends, pls refrain from posting in this thread and let us close this thread and move on. I will henceforth make a post only if I have anything related to Hifi or AV.

auf wiedersehen!

Thanks & Cheers!

+1 to that Venkatesh, How many threads created here do really have a value :rolleyes:

Members keep asking questions without searching the forum and we keep discussing on that. How many threads could be merged within here, so that we can preserve knowledge at single place.

I will start one thread "Hall of Shame".

Venkatesh,,, dont think other way that it has gone to Mod attention... just think he has commented as an normal hifi member...

Regards

I am very hesitant to open a new thread!

This is something I do not understand. Why be afraid to open a thread? As long as it is related to AV, what is the issue?

There is so much information available out there that is yet to be brought into HFV for our combined benefit. Unfortaunetly for the last some 45 days I was locked up in some work at home (my son is getting married), that I had to keep away from the computer. I have at least six or seven threads in mind, some of which is half written. I will work overtime this week to post them as quickly as possible.

We have some wonderful threads that have been running for some time and some that have been opened in the recent past. It would be too much to expect every thread to be great. After all this a public forum, and you cannot expect everyone to behave in a similar way.

At the same time I do appreciate the boredom of looking at one liner stupid questions that are repeated again and again - what is the best speaker? what is best AVR? I want a Lamborghini for 20K, who is the dealer? You guys would not believe the kind of questions I get in PM.

The only way we can handle this is to retrict new membership. Only allow people with some knowledge? Create an FAQ? New threads to be whetted before being posted?

Cheers

Last edited:
Ok. So let some of us work together to create an FAQ with answers. Once ready we can ask the SuperMod to host it appropriately.

Cheers

Venkat, thats an excellent idea.

The number of similar or sometimes identical threads with what speakers for this AVR are proof that there is dire need for FAQ. Another thing to be included is the why stereo amp, why AVR etc
Bookshelf vs FS
PC audio vs CDp vs DVDp

New threads to be whetted before being posted?
Cheers

This is something I would vote for, Not all member but member below 50 posts (Just for creating the thread may be)

FAQ's - I believe there was thread somewhere which asks people to read it before posting it, But people newly joining the forum seldom will read through that. So I don't know how creating FAQ's will ensure people will go and look in there.

Venkat, thats an excellent idea.

The number of similar or sometimes identical threads with what speakers for this AVR are proof that there is dire need for FAQ. Another thing to be included is the why stereo amp, why AVR etc
Bookshelf vs FS
PC audio vs CDp vs DVDp

Do we use sticky threads as they should be ? That could be one way to address the problem. For example, I am posting questions in the last few days regarding AVR/speakers/converters. And believe me I have spent hours on this site searching for related information before posting those questions. But the information is so scattered and there is so much noise. For example, a thread related to speakers may diverge into stabs/converters, so its very difficult to hit the right thread. Another problem is that not all have the luxury to audition various speakers (and thats the standard reply for many posts) and would rather want definite answers from the senior folks here.
We should also realize that there are many people like me who are hearing the various brand names for the first time their life :). May be it will get easier after I buy my first setup.

Honestly, I feel quite dismayed and surprised that it attracted mods attention. There are hundred of threads created on exactly the same topic which is not taken care of. Even I have seen only once or twice where a discussion part of a different thread was made into a separate one and the other time it was merged.
!

This is really silly. I do not know whether to laugh or get angry.

Do you guys realize first I am a member of this forum and then the moderator? Also, I hope you realize I am can also ask a question genuinely as a member and not as a moderator?
From when did just making a poke or tagging or asking a simple question become a MOD ATTENTION phenomenon?

Common Venkat you are better than that. It was just a plain simple question asking didn't we have similar threads. You could have just said yes or no or reasoned and said lets continue man this is needed thats all.

Doesn't really warrant, i wont post again , auf blah blah for this? You be the judge

Do we use sticky threads as they should be ? That could be one way to address the problem. For example, I am posting questions in the last few days regarding AVR/speakers/converters. And believe me I have spent hours on this site searching for related information before posting those questions. But the information is so scattered and there is so much noise. For example, a thread related to speakers may diverge into stabs/converters, so its very difficult to hit the right thread. Another problem is that not all have the luxury to audition various speakers (and thats the standard reply for many posts) and would rather want definite answers from the senior folks here.
We should also realize that there are many people like me who are hearing the various brand names for the first time their life :). May be it will get easier after I buy my first setup.

Anyone can communicate to a mod if they have valid reasons for a thread to be sticky. If yes, we will def do sticky it.

We have sticked lot of threads like Price Thread which has core value.

@All: The purpose of this thread was to say thanks. Lets not digress from that, we can continue FAQ, rules etc in another thread pls.

Note: This is posted as MBR a member.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back