High end HT suggestion

aleemscorpio

Hi Guys,

I'm an already a owner of entry level Onkyo HTS-3700 for the past two years, It's okay or I may be bored of the performance. I think its time to move on to a High End HT?

My requirements are below

• My budget would be around 1 to 1.2 lakh
  • I'm a great bass lover (Music)
  • Movies sometimes

Any one suggest me a good package / combination of receiver and speakers with great performance and value for money.

Note:- I need the music and bass effect to be like when we listen through ear phones.

Thanks in Advance...

Hi,

In terms of AVR if majority for music look at Marantz line up or Pioneer LX series.

Speakers you can look at Jamos, Pioneers, Taga, Wharfedale, PSB, Focals, KEFS, Polk (RTi series)

Ensure that the subwoofer is minimum 10 or 12 inch...thats the only way you will get good bass.

There are many dealers in Bengaluru and also many FMs. Audition, shortlist the brands and models based on performance, appearance, connectivity etc and share with us..we can guide u further.

It is best if you carry your own music CD or pen drive for audition as it becomes the yardstick for you to shortlist...try hearing the same song.

All the best!

For a predominantly music requirement, I would go with a stereo setup. It would give you far more pleasure than a HT setup. Movies do sound good even in 2 channel stereo.

If music is such a priority, i.e you want it to be comparable to your earphones, you should go for stereo amp and speakers. AVR and speakers in your budget will not satisfy you, this suggestion is specific to your requirement.

Perhaps a subwoofer as well if bass is an absolute priority, having said that decent subwoofers, especially for music are not cheap. You are looking at 50K+ for the sub alone.

Go with floorstanders if you have the room, that will allay the need of a sub to a great extent.

What will be your source of music/movies?

If music is such a priority, i.e you want it to be comparable to your earphones, you should go for stereo amp and speakers. AVR and speakers in your budget will not satisfy you, this suggestion is specific to your requirement.

Perhaps a subwoofer as well if bass is an absolute priority, having said that decent subwoofers, especially for music are not cheap. You are looking at 50K+ for the sub alone.

Go with floorstanders if you have the room, that will allay the need of a sub to a great extent.

What will be your source of music/movies?

Thanks for your information.

Any recommendation for a good sterio amp and speakers?

My source of music would be bluetooth and movies would be pen drive

Sound is a very personal thing. I would suggest you visit some audio showrooms and hear some setups to see what you like.
If you are comfortable with used equipment, there are some good ones on sale. Also check out hifiads.com which is a sister site.

What kind of music do prefer in general. That sometimes helps getting the right sounding gear at your budget.

Try the likes of JBL, Yamaha, Cerwin vega, and bic america. Those brands usually are might be worth auditioning, along with what efernand1 has already suggested. Also keep in mind that a sub most likely would be needed for bass heavy material. In the end, take the kind of music along when you go for auditions as you may already be familiar with the sound quality you have heard with your headphones.

Hi

Let us know what you auditioned and perhaps we can assist further.....visit all dealers and please don't reveal your actual budget.....

Bangalore has plenty of dealers and options, visit a few, tell them your budget and listen to as many combinations as you can, carry your own music.
Once you start listening to a few you will start to develop your preference for the kind of sound you like, it will actually get easier for you choose one brand over another. There is no substitute for actually listening to the gear.

Hi Guys,

I'm an already a owner of entry level Onkyo HTS-3700 for the past two years, It's

For a music setup, as other have mentioned, a 2.1 setup is good. However you will not enjoy movies in a 2.1 setup (assuming the movies you watch are the codes for 5.1 or higher). This u because the single most used speaker for movies is the centre channel, and this will be missing in 2.1

If you choose 2.1, do look at a receiver in the range of 40-50k. Spend the balance on a subwoofer and speakers.

As suggested by others, I too suggest bookshelf speakers. Look at KEF, warfedale etc. You should get a good pair for abt 50-60 k

Subwoofers come in 2 flavours - sealed box and ported box. Sealed box have more accurate and sharp responses - ideal for music. Ported box have very good low end- ideal for movies. Also ported are usually larger in dimension than the former.
I prefer the SVS subs available in India. You get them in both sealed and ported variety and they start at abt 50k. Try investing heavily on the sub since you are a bass lover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back