High Sensitivity 3-Way Dynamic Floorstanders

My requirement stems from my online education that tells me 75 Watts @ 8 ohms just a'int enough power to bring out the best in speakers rated at ~<88 db efficiency.
Hello AG,
75@ is good power for most of speakers. And will be just about sufficient for multidriver speakers. In my small bedroom 100sq.ft. I noticed I hardly use 40 watts. We listen to only few watts at normal/little loud listening levels. It is problem if we listen contineously loud and at transient peaks music/movies, that speaker and amp distorts. But at that level we are probably somewhat immune to it.
Though you have right approach I dont think you will have problem with little less sensitivity. Ofcourse avoid hard to drive speakers since you already have purchased the amp.
Regards

addition : Reason for my previous post was becuase some companies are very liberal with their sensitivity specs. And just because of long term brand name get away with horrible fq. response and distortions. But still people like them. Because they like the sound so no problem.

Hello AG,
75@ is good power for most of speakers. And will be just about sufficient for multidriver speakers. In my small bedroom 100sq.ft. I noticed I hardly use 40 watts. We listen to only few watts at normal/little loud listening levels. It is problem if we listen contineously loud and at transient peaks music/movies, that speaker and amp distorts. But at that level we are probably somewhat immune to it.
Though you have right approach I dont think you will have problem with little less sensitivity. Ofcourse avoid hard to drive speakers since you already have purchased the amp.
Regards

addition : Reason for my previous post was becuase some companies are very liberal with their sensitivity specs. And just because of long term brand name get away with horrible fq. response and distortions. But still people like them. Because they like the sound so no problem.
Thanks for clarifying Hiten, but you don't need to justify. I respect everyone's opinion, that's what I asked for

@yogibear thanks for the suggestion, but I just don't trust myself with building something out if a kit + I only get to listen to it after I've bought it, which is quite a risky proposition + 2 way.
If you think of anything else, keep shooting.
Cheers
Also DIY has no value when you sell it. Nobody would be interested in getting one.

I would suggest to audition Polk Legend L600. It's a lot of speaker for the money (Rs.1.75L). I auditioned them twice so far and I am quite impressed with them.

You need to listen to them to believe the quality and quantity of bass they produce. Also the upper mids and treble frequencies sound so vivid, yet they aren't bright. I doubt if you would find anything better than L600s under 2L budget.

Also Polks generally are quite sensitive. My S60s get much louder than other similarly priced speakers for the same level of power.

Last edited:
An ideal match for the Cary AIOS is a Q Acoustic Concept 40.

Yes. I have used Concept 40 and they really impressed me. They are really worth the price and were absolutely non-fatiguing with my electronics. I was so impressed with them that i wanted to try to their concept 500s in place of my Turnberrys and see how they compare.

Yes. I have used Concept 40 and they really impressed me. They are really worth the price and were absolutely non-fatiguing with my electronics. I was so impressed with them that i wanted to try to their concept 500s in place of my Turnberrys and see how they compare.
Wow, that's saying a lot.
Guess these are definitely making the list.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back