High sensitivity speakers for home theatre

I have an eye on JTR, UandKsound cinema series speakers for HT. Soon I will be auditioning uandksound cinema series in Bangalore, first consignment is landing in India soon. my next target is JTR. I will let you guys know if someone is interested for auditioning in and around Bangalore.

I have an eye on JTR, UandKsound cinema series speakers for HT. Soon I will be auditioning uandksound cinema series in Bangalore, first consignment is landing in India soon. my next target is JTR. I will let you guys know if someone is interested for auditioning in and around Bangalore.

It will be very interesting to hear your views

You must consider ASCENDO..( its expensive though)
I listened to their smallest speakers and I'm blown by its performance ..

Some brands.. specially a big USA brand starting with K is fooling around with people and has actually become successful with such misleading claims.
Can you elaborate on this, please. I find it hard to believe that a brand with misleading claims has had immense success. If this were Bose, yeah sure but that's another conversation and they anyway target a different audience. I don't think people shop with just the specification in mind. That is purely for reference purposes and helps one decide if the speaker is suitable or not. In the end, you go and listen to the product and then decide if the speaker is to your taste or not.

I responded with Klipsch as the FM wanted more options. Won't be right on my part to tell them to go buy a Dyna Audio. JBL Pro for the home is not my cup of tea for sure, unless you have so much space to house a few 15" drivers.

Also, can we just say Klipsch or whatever the brand is. It helps everyone here. Its not like they are going to sue us for the comments on this page.

Can you elaborate on this, please. I find it hard to believe that a brand with misleading claims has had immense success. If this were Bose, yeah sure but that's another conversation and they anyway target a different audience. I don't think people shop with just the specification in mind. That is purely for reference purposes and helps one decide if the speaker is suitable or not. In the end, you go and listen to the product and then decide if the speaker is to your taste or not.

I responded with Klipsch as the FM wanted more options. Won't be right on my part to tell them to go buy a Dyna Audio. JBL Pro for the home is not my cup of tea for sure, unless you have so much space to house a few 15" drivers.

Also, can we just say Klipsch or whatever the brand is. It helps everyone here. Its not like they are going to sue us for the comments on this page.
Not just one brand.. there are multiple brands which make products to satisfy the company's marketing people, mention specs in such a way that many people even the many installers get mislead by those specs... not naming the brands to avoid getting into arguments with people.
Just like in every field company with good marketing sells more than company with good products.

Not just one brand.. there are multiple brands which make products to satisfy the company's marketing people, mention specs in such a way that many people even the many installers get mislead by those specs... not naming the brands to avoid getting into arguments with people.
Seriously! How does this help anyone here?
In the end, you're not going to buy a product based on what is written on the spec sheet. You are going to listen to it.
Anechoic sensitivity isn't easily available to everyone so we go by the specifications the manufacturer provides.

Last edited:

Guys.. Finally I was able to audition uandksound speakers. I listened to M620 and M610 and sub M1200. By the names you can understand it has 6” drivers and the sub is 12”. the moment it was setup the speakers got disappeared like magic, it formed a sound envelope before them. They have ribbon twitters, i did not feel any harshness and was able to hear the same smoothness till the back row. Before going further I should mention about the sub. That is another beast. I realized why they named it as cinema series. It is very tight and it can go low with no effort. I wanted to spend more time but they asked me politely to buy them and enjoy them ;)

I will try to get more listening time give a detailed review if possible.
-Ram.

Why do you want high sensitivity loudspeakers? Is your throw distance more than 5 metres in your HT? If not, I suggest high quality speakers which have respectable frequency response, and a reasonable sensitivity of 85-87db or so. Those very few high sensitivity loudspeakers that actually sound smooth and refined, can cost as much as a car for a pair.

I will suggest only two brand names
1. JBL
2. Intex

Choose according to your need and requirements.

Why do you want high sensitivity loudspeakers? Is your throw distance more than 5 metres in your HT? If not, I suggest high quality speakers which have respectable frequency response, and a reasonable sensitivity of 85-87db or so. Those very few high sensitivity loudspeakers that actually sound smooth and refined, can cost as much as a car for a pair.
It's not just about the SPL.
Its about the dynamics too..

It's not just about the SPL.
Its about the dynamics too..
Dynamics is the difference between the softest and loudest passages of music. High sensitivity does not guarantee dynamics, low distortion does that. Most budget high sensitivity loudspeakers usually have many anomalies that audiophiles aren't aware of. Be cautious and make an educated choice

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back