Hindi Movies DVD in Delhi

venkatcr

Last week I was in Delhi and had visited Lajpat Nagar market to buy something for my wife and niece. There I came across this small shop that had a good set of Hindi movie DVDs from T-Series, Shemaroo, Eros, Eagle, and Moser Baer.

Nirman Radio Centre
42F, Pushpa Market
Central Market
Lajpat Nagar
(Opp Alankar Cinema)
New Delhi - 24

Phone: 29844582

The shop is owned and run by a pleasant Sardar (One of Paminder or Maninder Singh) who is very smart in catching on to your tastes. He piled some 50 DVDs on to me once he understood my tastes. He seems to remember the scene and song for which a movie had become famous.

I was able to pick up some rare gems such as

• Meri Surat Teri Ankhen
  • Hum Kisise Kum Nahin
  • Ram Aur Shyam
  • Safar (Rajesh Khanna)
  • Baharen Phir Bhi Aayengi
  • Asli Naqli
  • Kohinoor
  • Uran Katola (I was looking for this movie for a long time)
  • Jaal (Dev Anand's first role as James Bond ?)
  • Haqeeqat
  • Basant Bahar

For members in Delhi, and those who love Hindi films, this guy is a must visit. To make him remember me, tell him I use a PDA to ensure I don't buy duplicates, and I have also promised him to order more from Chennai.

Cheers

Hmm, thats quite a list of golden oldies.
Which are the other titles that you possess in that category?

Look for the DEi or Bollywood Entertainment version of Ram and Shyam from amazon.com (the international website). It has superior audio / video quality.

I don't remember the name, but I used to buy DVDs from a shop in Connaught Place. They used to have a good collection.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back