Hindi song WAV format download, any website?

It's right that mostly (say 50%) of Saregama Wav is same or sourced from MP3, as it sounds like that. Better to listen the 90 seconds preview first (which is also lossy) but still it will give you some idea how it sounds. If it sounds good to you, you can give it a try.

I took backup of my around 1500 audio CDs in .wav (Yes, you heard right) for my PC playback. The reason of choosing .wav over Flac or any other format was it's quality. I understand Flac is also identical to .wav and can save metadata and smaller in file size BUT I don't want to take 0.01% of risk of losing a bit of quality (doesn't matter my ears are unable to hear the difference).
Even if YOU back-up MP3 in 320kbps from original ACDs, it also sounds good, at least better than unknown sourced .wav.
True that I have been ripping all my CDs as well.
I would any day trust my own CD rip than a download from online source .
The sad part is some of the scratched CDs are ripped with errors and there is no way to rip them properly .
When it comes to Tamil albums there multiple companies that pressed the same album like Pyramid , Saregama and Alai Osai.
The challenge is finding out which copy sounds better than the rest.

Recently procured a 12 TB Ironwolf NAS drive for storing ripped audio cd content as well.

chances are less, check iTunes if they have anything in ALAC you can easily uncompressed them back to WAV.

btw why you want WAV which is a lossy** format ?
mp3 320, when encoded properly, is very much identical to uncompressed music, you won't feel any major difference unless you have decent hardware to playback the music.

** condition apply :)
Wrong..WAV is hi definition format equilent to CD Audio. Mp3 is a lossy format to a large extend
I though WAV and FLAC were lossless formats. So rephrasing my question.

Do you know of any website where i can download(Paid and Legal) hindi songs that would sound as good as Audio CD.
WAV is lossless . FLAC use compression but the encoding is lossless.

Mod's Note:
Back to back posts have been merged. Multi-quote back to back posts in a single post to reduce clutter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back