Hitachi plasmas in india

nikhil_j

Hey guys recently found out that hitachi plasmas are available in india.
Not sure about their performance though, cause there are very few reviews about them on the net.
The P42E101A caught my attention, a good tv by specs(with an odd resolution though, 1024*1080), don't know about its real life performance, can anyone throw some light on it please, I ve finally made a decision to buy a plasma after all the lcd vs. plasma wars.
And yes if anyone can compare it to the likes of pv8 or sam a450, it would be great.

Last edited:
IMO, PV8 is a better tv than the hitachi. the colors appear a bit more natural on the pv8.

though I am a panny fanboy I think the hitachi measures up well against the pv8 wrt to PQ - though Pv8 looks more natural (maybe has to do with the default colour calibrations). On paper its even - on price factor the Panny edges out the Hitachi (which is around 55-60k right?).

Anyway the hitachi looks cooler in the room - panny is more business like. Compare both side by side if possible and go with what your eyes tell you. That is the best judge - i went to check out the LGPQ60 on my way back from hospital - in an hours time I had booked my panny pv8 and got it the same day. :clapping:

Hi Nikhi, Hitachi's service is very bad in India. They could not repair a 40" plasma last year [right now laying dead at our office]. You better look for a different brand as suggested by others.

Regards,
Anil

I think comparing the panasonics to Hitachis is not really a good idea, also the resolution is much higher on the Hitachis, if at all you should compare is the PV80 and not the PV8, plus the video processing on the Hitachis is far superior. Their service used to be really bad, but they have updated all service centers. Even their LCDs have won some awards from Avmax and other reviewing bodies. We distribute Hitachi LCDs & Plasmas for the West & South of India, so any technical queiries please do ask.

Well thanks for the suggestions guys.
and b.t.w., also heard that panny x10 series is just around the corner, any idea about how much they could cost over and above the pv8 or pv80?..
read some reviews about the x10's on trusted reviews, apparently the brightness of the panels was an issue, even in dimly lit conditions and some colour issues on sd content. Let me know your views on this matter, thanks again.

I think comparing the panasonics to Hitachis is not really a good idea, also the resolution is much higher on the Hitachis, if at all you should compare is the PV80 and not the PV8, plus the video processing on the Hitachis is far superior. Their service used to be really bad, but they have updated all service centers. Even their LCDs have won some awards from Avmax and other reviewing bodies. We distribute Hitachi LCDs & Plasmas for the West & South of India, so any technical queiries please do ask.

Well kei, it would not be fair to say that hitachis have higher resolution, given that they r using an ALIS panel.
As you would know, at any instant, only 1080/2=540 horizontal lines will be lit up by the ALIS panel, it just alternates the odd and even lines many times a second to achieve an optimistic 1080 horizontal lines and hence the weird res of 1024*1080 !
and the pv8 and pv80 are the same except for the SD slot and an extra hdmi i/p.

Hi,

I had broken my Hitachi plasma tv while transporting to India from Dubai, can you please recommended how to fix it and where in Chennai / India.

Well thanks for the suggestions guys.
and b.t.w., also heard that panny x10 series is just around the corner, any idea about how much they could cost over and above the pv8 or pv80?..
read some reviews about the x10's on trusted reviews, apparently the brightness of the panels was an issue, even in dimly lit conditions and some colour issues on sd content. Let me know your views on this matter, thanks again.

Hi,

I bought Panny X10 in Hydrabad for 59K with their Movie package. This is very good plasma I am very much happy with it. I checked with Panny v8 and v80.X10 got better specs and picture looks slightly sharp comparatively.
This I bought 2 months back ( before G10 and S10 came to Indian market), probably now you can negotiate for much better price.

Regards
Satya.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back