Hmmm so Class D it is : the future of audio

Not from ASR as such (but yes ASR has become a part of the debate).....many websites and research do point to such.

Personally I have not used any expensive cables....I only use good quality wires and pro-xlr connects. I use 12g wires.

I have stopped giving merits to Steve's "reviews" :)

I will always add a pinch of salt.

PS: It will be very hard to imagine him do a purifi amp review. :) as it will not be "analog" enough for him. :)
I guess like all of us, reviewers have their inherent biases, personal preferences and go through different phases with changing tastes. I like the ones who admit to this and are not dogmatic.
I have long since stopped believing anything they say blindly, but they do provide a preview of new gear that is not accessible to us. Yes, some salt and reading between the lines and thinking about their choice of words is necessary.

Did you get SLAM from Class D ?

Which Pre & Power Amp brands (AB, Class D & Tube) are you using ?
What is SLAM ?

a Schiit Freya + in tube mode with Mac 5300 as a power amp ; and the schiit with a NAD 388; a narrowing of the stage and higher focus on the mids with the mac but loved the tube and NAD combo- i generally think the 388 is a great value amp and this adds just a bit extra in involvement.

Would love to experiment with a good tube pre with a 500W cheaper but good measuring class D amp for tough to drive speaker.

So the voicing becomes a tricky game.
Yes some speaker manufactures (high end too) do deliberately alter the linear response. In most genres of music mostly average HF content is comparatively low. So differences would not be that large i guess.
regards.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back