Hmmm so Class D it is : the future of audio

Been waiting for such developments.

Price is little high for my own budget....not a question of affordability, but rather on the principle that it should not inflate.

I guess I will have a wait a while.

That's a marketing page. Anything youve seen that suggests it's better than the purifi or hypex based class d amps? I remember orchard audio selling something with the same tech more than a year back

That's a marketing page. Anything youve seen that suggests it's better than the purifi or hypex based class d amps? I remember orchard audio selling something with the same tech more than a year back
Yeah I am aware of orchard starkrimson.

My interest is not just about these specific products…..rather the evolution of the audio industry. I am like looking at the crystal ball……and it says Class D is coming in big ways.

I mean look at Darko…….hahahahaha……Darko singing paeans of Class D !!!

Audiophiles are changing color Lol…..
This one maybe affordable (if sourced from US)

Cheers,
Raghu
I simply don’t like Parasound. Philosophically.
But thanks for the suggestion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I am aware of orchard starkrimson.

My interest is not just about these specific products…..rather the evolution of the audio industry. I am like looking at the crystal ball……and it says Class D is coming in big ways.

I mean look at Darko…….hahahahaha……Darko singing paeans of Class D !!!

Audiophiles are changing color Lol…..
That's been going on for years. Check out Jeff Rowland and the top end Marantz amps.

Class D makes total sense to me :)

In my system I can see the power output from my power regenerator.

And below are the output readings in watts with different topology of amps I get :

1. Class A 100 watt power amp - 315 watts at idle

2. KT88 tube mono blocks outputting 100 w each in ultra-linear mode - 260 watts at idle.

Now hear this :D

1. Nuprime STA-9 Class D mono blocks playing at ear numbing bass levels - yes everything in the room shakes - barely 20 watts on the display.

So all the power I actually need is 20w feeding into my high efficiency speakers, and every thing else is wasted going into my class A or tube amps as heat. And I have to use my AC to control that heat, which is an other bummer.

So class D is the future for me. I have 3 pairs of tube mono blocks...yes...but will soon be moving to one of the below 3 channel power amps :

1. Nord acoustics UK
2. KJF audio

I've had a devialet integrated amp long time ago, and it sounded very close to a class A amp even then. Class D has evolved a lot ever since. So I will have no inhibitions moving from tubes to class D if I find the right one.

And below are the output readings in watts with different topology of amps I get :

2. KT88 tube mono blocks outputting 100 w each in ultra-linear mode - 260 watts at idle.

1. Nuprime STA-9 Class D mono blocks playing at ear numbing bass levels - yes everything in the room shakes - barely 20 watts on the display.

So all the power I actually need is 20w feeding into my high efficiency speakers, and every thing else is wasted going into my class A or tube amps as heat. And I have to use my AC to control that heat, which is an other bummer.

So class D is the future for me. I have 3 pairs of tube mono blocks...yes...but will soon be moving to one of the below 3 channel power amps :

1. Nord acoustics UK
2. KJF audio

I've had a devialet integrated amp long time ago, and it sounded very close to a class A amp even then. Class D has evolved a lot ever since. So I will have no inhibitions moving from tubes to class D if I find the right one.
Absolutely agree with you about class D. Lesser heat, lesser maintenance , longer life of components,sleeker lighter physical dimensions and much more output reducing the need for power amps.
Even mainstream brands like Nad and Marantz have their high end amps in class D. We are getting to hear more of class D and G. I wouldn't have any inhibitions about them.

1. Nord acoustics UK
2. KJF audio

You are close to my heart

Paul spouts a lots of audiophoolery BS……but damn he is one of the pioneers for ‘selling’ audionirvana……with substandard highly inflated ‘engineering’.
Parasound was started by Richard Schram and later joined by John Curl.

Are you referring to Paul from PS Audio?

Cheers,
Raghu

I have been hearing about class D being the future right from 2003 and then the tripath chip hit the market. I guess we are already in the future and almost all TVs, and smaller devices have already adopted it

Audiophile acceptance may be a different proposition.

Back